It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Office( sitting)job will make Hemorrhoid symptoms worse?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
    MrDister78
    (male)

MrDister78 HB UserMrDister78 HB UserMrDister78 HB User
    Office( sitting)job will make Hemorrhoid symptoms worse?

I heard that and i think that's why these days it's happening to me.

About 1 month ago had a knee injury so i haven't been able to walk , so i have preferred to just stay and sit down for long periods instead of my Boxing and exercises that i use to do during my break AND all througout the day when it was ok to do it.

So for 1 month i've beeen sitting alot. Just about 3 days ago i s tarted feeling my knee better and now i can walk .

So sitting for too long is bad, right? Can you reverse the problems if you start being more active from now on.. i mean now that i'm better knee wise, i'll walk more.

My mother makes meat often for my lunch and i heard too much meat is not good for hemmoroids either. Should i stop meat ?

i m in my late 20's
    thanks

Last edited by MrDister78; 06-30-2008 at 10:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
    Lindaru
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Lindaru HB User
    Re: Office( sitting)job will make Hemorrhoid symptoms worse?

Having to sit for long periods of time (especially with your feet flat on the floor) puts pressure on your rectal area and can irritate hemorrhoids.

I would advise hemorrhoid cream, a soft pillow to sit on and putting your feet up when you can. Another soothing thing you can do when you have hemorrhoids is instead of using toilet paper to wipe, use baby wipes with aloe vera and Vitamin E. Husband has to do this.

It should get better by returning to your normal activity, but those things can help it out.

Large amounts of meat might cause problems but I do not see the need to completely cut meat from your diet. It provides protein and amino acids which will be helpful to you for getting back to your activity level.

If your hemorrhoids get really bad, your doctor can "band them off" for you so that they are permanently gone. Check into it if you think that would be a good solution.

Perhaps the reason I have not had problems with hemorrhoids myself (though know many that have) is that I never sit still for very long.

Good luck!

Lindaru

Closed Thread