It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Constant Dull Headache For Days

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
    helz16
    (female)

helz16 HB User
    Unhappy Constant Dull Headache For Days

For the past 3 days I have a had a pretty much constant dull pain in my head which is really worrying me. It's not always in the same place, sometimes it's at the back of my head, sometimes it's around my forehead, my eyes, or my nose. I have also had some neck pain so I wondered if that was conncected too. I am susceptible to headaches but they usually don't last this long! It has been really hot these past few days but even when it cools down my head still hurts. It's also worse when I lie down which I heard could mean it's caused by a tumour. Do you think it's worth bothering my doctor with this or should I just stop worrying? Please let me know what you think, thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
    tiggertoo2174
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
    Re: Constant Dull Headache For Days

There are some pretty easy things you can try. One would be an over the counter migrane medication, most of these are just a combination of asprin, tylenol, and caffine. You could also try putting heat on your neck to help the muscles relax, even just a hot shower can help. I'd also try taping two tennis balls together (leave about 1/2 inch inbetween) and placing this on the back of your neck when you lie down or sit in a high back chair, a rolled up towel in the same place sometimes works too. You could try an ice pack on your forehead, or the back of your neck too. With the heat this would at least make you feel cooler.

Tigg.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
    helz16
    (female)

helz16 HB User
    Re: Constant Dull Headache For Days

Thanks for replying, I'll try your suggestions.

Closed Thread