It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• white/yellow stuff back in throat, smells really really bad

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
    stophypertensio
    (male)

stophypertensio HB User
    white/yellow stuff back in throat, smells really really bad

for about 2 weeks now i have this these white/yellowish stuff coming out of my mouth from my throat, and now one is stuck back there and its really annoying me for a couple of days. it smells really bad too.

how do i get rid of it??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
    eyesworld
    Veteran
    (female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User
    Re: white/yellow stuff back in throat, smells really really bad

have you tried gargling with hydrogen peroxide-cut with water? (50/50) Do you still have tonsils? I've heard that if you do, there's something called tonsil stones that you can get. Look it up and you may have to see a doctor or dentist to get rid of it. It does or can cause very bad breath. That is what itt sounds like to me.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    Re: white/yellow stuff back in throat, smells really really bad

It could be sinus drainage possibly from a sinus infection or from allergy.

Have you tried irrigating sinuses using a saline solution? If not, give that a try. I use a mixture of 1 cup boiled water, 1/2 teaspoon plain salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Stir well to dissolve, strain thru clean paper coffee filter, put into nasal spray bottle. COOL saline solution before using. Lie on back with head hanging off bed and squirt a few squirts in each nostril. Turn head slowly side to side. When getting up say kkkkkkk to keep solution from running down throat. Blow nose gently as needed. My physician approved this for me several years ago.

A few weeks ago a pharmacists wife asked me for this saline solution recipe.

Last edited by Misty800; 11-22-2008 at 08:37 AM.

Closed Thread