It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• I have no fat on me, I'm just skin and bone.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-20-2009, 04:26 AM   #1
    KingOfNothing
    (male)

KingOfNothing HB User
    I have no fat on me, I'm just skin and bone.

I'm 17, 6 foot 1, And weight around 160 pounds, Which should in my opinion make me look a ok weight, But my arms are really skinny, So are my legs and neck. I've tried to put on weight but it just goes to my belly and does not Distribute its self. I do weights three times a week, Yet my arms or chest do not grow, I eat 5 times a day. I need help, Do I have a underlying Illness or something?.

Last edited by KingOfNothing; 05-20-2009 at 04:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
    Kiasmama
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kiasmama HB User
    Re: I have no fat on me, I'm just skin and bone.

Unfortunately we can't determine exactly where are weight will be put on or taken off of our bodies. In order to put on weight and build up muscle you need to follow a good nutritional plan that contains plenty of protein and probably protein supplements...and it takes time! People take years to put on muscle and gain weight in a healthy way so don't expect it to happen overnight. Maybe check out a local gym and meet with a personal trainer to get started.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #3
    confidentialme
    (male)

confidentialme HB User
    Re: I have no fat on me, I'm just skin and bone.

Find out what your body mass index is. (BMI). It's easy... just google it

Chances are you are just a naturally thin guy who has a very fast metabolism. Be thankful for that! And make sure you still eat healthy. Even thin people can have high cholesterol. Going to the gym and doing certain weight regimes can really make a noticeable difference on a thing guy if his expectations aren't too high. And when you are middle-aged, when all the jocks have inflated, you'll still have a nice thin build

Closed Thread