It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Been feeling unbalanced for 2 months - getting worried

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
    Kabees
    (female)

Kabees HB User
    Question Been feeling unbalanced for 2 months - getting worried

What could this be?
    About 2 months ago I started feeling a slight sense of unbalance, and it seemed to be brief and it didn't bother me. Then, almost a month ago, I suddenly noticed the unbalanced feeling more, and all the time. I feel it even after I sit or lay down, it's kind of like I'm on a boat. There's no spinning but it feels like I'm swaying.
    My doctor wasn't very helpful in trying to figure out what was wrong and basically told me to take cold or allergy meds, then the 2nd time I saw her she basically told me it was stress and to contact a psychologist..

I'm wondering if this is something ear/nose/throat related? When I blow my nose it's bloody at times and that started to happen around the same time as this.
    I'm not sure what to do or what doctor I should see for this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
    ibake&pray
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
    Re: Been feeling unbalanced for 2 months - getting worried

IF you are congested, it can make your sense of equilibrium be off, and then the dizziness will occur. Are you really congested or is your nose backed up? I would make an appointment to see an ENT(Ear, Nose, & Throat) doctor and let them see if they can't help you. Often this is related to sinus issues or your ears being backed up.

good luck!

Old 02-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
    Kabees
    (female)

Kabees HB User
    Re: Been feeling unbalanced for 2 months - getting worried

I'm not really congested but I get the post nasal drip bad sometimes and I can also hear things shifting in my right ear when I blow my nose or swallow.

Closed Thread