It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Sternum and ribs not expanding!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-08-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
    zambrotta19
    (male)

zambrotta19 HB User
    Sternum and ribs not expanding!!!

For the past 7 years ive had problems with getting a satisfaction feeling when trying to take a deep breath. I one day went to take a deep breath and my chest was just stuck and wouldnt expand and has been like this ever since. After this episode i constantly have to urge to take deep breaths and yawns and never get satisfaction which has lead me into a cycle of anxiety and depression. My ribs and sternum dont expand, and just recently ive been experiencing pain and cracking sounds in my sternum. What is causing my ribs and sternum not to expand, and can i get any help with this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Sternum and ribs not expanding!!!

Sounds more like a lung issue. Have you been tested for asthma?

Old 01-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
    Sam1242
    (male)

Sam1242 HB User
    Re: Sternum and ribs not expanding!!!

I think you may have wat is called MVP syndrome, even if you havent been diagnosed yet with mvp itself. ITs an array of symptoms that are beleived to be the result of chemical changes in the brain. Symptoms like cant take a deep breath, chest pains, anxiety fatigue... all the way to sternum abnormality acid reflux and bloating. But studys show it can be caused by magnesium or zinc deficientcy, and is similar to connective tissue disorders. You can research what sups work best and wat you might be deficient in.

Closed Thread

Tags
    constant need to take deep breath, costochondritis, rib cage injury, sternum doesnt expand