It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Hyperhidrosis relief

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #1
    carolinabeach
    (female)

carolinabeach HB User
    Smile Hyperhidrosis relief

Okay, i have had severe hyperhidrosis since I was a young child. so about 40 years. i started taking iodine/iodide supplements and it has stopped completely!!!

it comes in drops or tablets.

early in the therapy i had a few side effects but they have disappeared. the side effects lasted about 14 days and i felt tired and run down.

(as i understand it)iodine/iodide is a chelating agent that pulls bromide and fluoride out of your tissues. I believe that is why i felt badly for a few weeks.

i am also sleeping better, much harder and feel calmer. I no longer suffer from cold, clammy feet or hands. i do not sweat unnecessarily on my hands and feet anymore. It seems to control the sympathetic nerve which controls hyperhydrosis symptoms. my basic understanding is it increases parasympathetic nerve activity.

Heres what i am taking:
    1 tablet is 12.5 mg and is 8333% of the daily value
    5 mg iodine and 7.5 mg iodide
    selenium and vitamin b12

i also will use drops, 2-3 everyday if i am out of tablets.

i started with 1 drop a day which is less % and a bit more controlled. i added it to juice or water.

from my experience, thyroid meds do not stop hyperhidrosis.
    i have also read (but do claim) iodine/iodide therapy can scathe off 2 breast cancers.
    i do not know if it has side effects with other medications so do your research. if in doubt, use the drops in a large jug of juice or water and start slowly.

My internet searches for hyperhidrosis have not listed that iodine/iodide therapy as a solution. do your research, should you decide to try this, please add to this thread so that data may be gathered as to others results. perhaps relief from hyperhidrosis may be a quick, easy and an inexpensive solution. - be well-

Last edited by carolinabeach; 08-06-2010 at 07:17 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to carolinabeach:
    shadows1011 (06-30-2011)
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolinabeach For This Useful Post:
    shadows1011 (06-30-2011),sunshine12 (09-16-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
    carolinabeach
    (female)

carolinabeach HB User
    Re: Hyperhidrosis relief

I have not taken iodine/iodide tablets all summer and have not had reoccurring hyperhidrosis or cold, clammy hands. When it occurs, i take one iodine/iodide tablet and it subsides.
    Has anyone else tried this remedy?

The Following User Says Thank You to carolinabeach For This Useful Post:
    sunshine12 (09-16-2011)
    Old 09-16-2011, 04:42 AM   #3
    sunshine12
    Inactive
    (female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User
    Re: Hyperhidrosis relief

Well ii have in on my head and sweat terrible. The only thing I ever heard that helped was Botox and that is like forever.
    I am going to try the Iodine tablets. Are they over the counter?
    Thanks for this info, hope it works.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
    sase1nbama
    (female)

sase1nbama HB User
    Exclamation Re: Hyperhidrosis relief

I have suffered from severe sweating on my head for the last 25 years, at least. I have just found out that there is a condition called hyperhidrosis, and there are treatments available. I almost cryed when I found this out, because I couldn't imagine living the rest of my life with this profuse sweating. I thought it was from my hormones, but when I was finally put on hormones and they didn't stop the sweating. I was confused to say the least. I also have Diabetes, and thought that could also be part of the problem. So thank you all for helping me to understand this condition, and discussing treatments. Where do you get the iodine pills? I am ready to try this out for myself. I'm excited at the thought of not sweating, and maybe I can leave my house this summer. Thank you all again.

Closed Thread