It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• vibrating head, any cure?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
    foufoub
    (male)

foufoub HB User
    vibrating head, any cure?

Hi,
    I'm 51 years old, male, quite fit thanks to sport. But I have a problem which is my vibrating head , though not all the time . I personally attribute it to high blood pressure , which is a common illness in the family ( hereditary illness) . But still my brothers , sisters and cousins don't suffer from this problem, namely vibrating head. Is there any possible cure ? Many thanks in advance . I'm at your disposal for any further information relating to my case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
    embeth
    (female)

embeth HB User
    Re: vibrating head, any cure?

Does it feel like your brain is vibrating? If so I can really sympathize with you. My pet name for it was "brain shake." It is a horrible feeling especially at night when trying to fall asleep.

I went to a neurologist with this symptom and other symptoms. He ordered an MRI plus other scans all came back normal. However he did put me on Gabapentin (for nerve pain) and Inderal (for esstential tremors my hands were a little on the shaky side). I haven't had an episode of brain vibrations since I started the meds.

Make an appointment with your doctor. Request an MRI , ask about what labwork you may need. There are probably a number of things that can cause this.I really do not know if high blood pressure causes head vibration or not. All I know is I do not have high blood pressure and I experienced the vibrations.

I hope all is well with you and that you will be able to find a way to cease the vibrations.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
    foufoub
    (male)

foufoub HB User
    Re: vibrating head, any cure?

Many thanks.
    I will try to follow your advice as soon as possible , hoping that it will give expected results. Thank you again.
    Yours,

Closed Thread