It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Fifths Disease or Not?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2001, 09:51 PM   #1
    judibears

judibears HB User
    Fifths Disease or Not?

Hi all, This is my first time here. I've had this itchy red lacy rash for about 36 hours now. The itching will drive me nuts for a while then subside then start again. I've taken Benadryl trice with no avail.A few riends said that it might be Fifths Disease Virus which the rash can last for weeks, yikes. The only thing is is that the MAIN description of this virus is a rash on the cheeks, commonly called slapped cheeks rash, which I do not have. I have the other symptoms such as the rash on arms and legs, and I had the onset symptoms of headache and nausea. Is it possible for the slapped chees not to show up and still have this? Sorry about the spelling,, I tried to fix but did not work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2001, 04:36 AM   #2
    Robert2

Robert2 HB User
    Re: Fifths Disease or Not?

It sounds like you have had a rather bad allergic reaction to something. Your really need to see a doctor to get some tests done and get some powerful medicine to help you.

In the mean time, to help relieve the itching, try soaking in Epsom Salts. Fill your bathtub with warm water. Add a cup of Epsom Salts and swirl it around to get it mostly dissolved. Soak in it for fifteen minutes to halve an hour. You can repeat as often as you like.

See your doctor as soon as possible.

Old 05-18-2001, 06:53 PM   #3
    judibears

judibears HB User
    Re: Fifths Disease or Not?

Thanks for yur reply. The rash has pretty much subsided now but I am left with very achy joints, knees, ankles, wrists, fingers. And I feel very run down. If I still feel this way by Monday I will call my doc. Thanks

Closed Thread