It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• side effects for Cipro??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
    MeiscoChan
    (female)

MeiscoChan HB User
    Question side effects for Cipro??

I was prescribed by a doctor a medicine called Cipro, I was in excruciating pain in my stomach and was not able to go to the bathroom, I was having blood in my stool and producing nothing but mucous for a week, after I started the meds I felt better a day later, I went to the bathroom the night it was perscribed it was constipation but also bacterial infection in my stomach as well, since I have taken the pills I have felt better stomach wise.

occasionally since taking the medicine I get random spells of Nausea, not sure if that's normal

I went to the bathroom a week ago, I haven't gone since, not painful just haven't had the urge to go, is that something to worry about?

also I wanted to know will this decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills?

I know this next symptom is causing me pain though and this is the one I am worried about, I'm getting cramps around the area where you'd get cramps on a menstrual cycle, but I'm no where near my cycle, and it burns terribly when I urinate, should I call my doctor and ask about Cipro, because this painful urination is quite a nuisance.

Thanks

--Sarah

Last edited by MeiscoChan; 11-09-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
    Mel52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
    Re: side effects for Cipro??

Hi, call a pharmacist. They know best about side effects. I have taken Cipro and if I recall I read it can cause tendon damage though very rare. I don't remember if you should take food with it to cut down stomach pains. The pharmacist will be able to answer the questions

Old 11-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
    MeiscoChan
    (female)

MeiscoChan HB User

symptoms now include pains through my stomach that feel like muscles aching, could it b due to the terrible constipation I had a week ago and how much I had to strain and pulled muscles in my stomach, or is this anoter possible side effect Cipro?

it hurts when I attempt to pass gas or try to have a bowel movement, I have had no bowel movements since I made a large bowel movement and pased the constipation issue, I'm just very scared It'll happen again, I've been taking a stool softner not an oral supository (phillips tablet) should I take phillips, continue the stool softner, get an enema or what? when I was admitted to the hospital I had an xray done nothing was found, they asked for a urine sample it was dark yellow like apple juice, nothing was found, asked for a stool sample, didn't happen, had one in the wee hours of the morning (3:00am) following the hospital visit.

haven't had one since, and they want a sample, I don't know what to do, I don't want another episode like that it was so painful, the doctor perscribed me the cipro I felt better, he said I woul have it just incase ther was anything in need of killing in te stomach, but then a week later this the symptoms of whatever it is, made me have charlie-horses at night, pains in my stomach that felt like I pulled muscles and such, and haven't had a bowel movement like I mentioned before, shoud I be worried, should I call my doctor, I'm kind of concerned.

(P.S. the Comp I am using have Keys that stick so you may see errors in my question sorry bout' that)

thanks for your help

Sarah

Last edited by MeiscoChan; 11-10-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
    MeiscoChan
    (female)

MeiscoChan HB User

I take it with food and lots of water, staying away from sodas and milk I also Have IBS I'll call my doctor, but my doctor sometimes dosen't listen to her patients and end up making a problem worse, sorry if I'm talking too much or being a nucicance It's just never happened to me before, due to the nature of the doctor who do you suggest I call?

thanks so much I truly appreciate it

Old 11-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
    MeiscoChan
    (female)

MeiscoChan HB User
    Smile Re: side effects for Cipro??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mel52 View Post
    Hi, call a pharmacist. They know best about side effects. I have taken Cipro and if I recall I read it can cause tendon damage though very rare. I don't remember if you should take food with it to cut down stomach pains. The pharmacist will be able to answer the questions
    thanks so much for your help

Old 11-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
    MeiscoChan
    (female)

MeiscoChan HB User
    Question Re: side effects for Cipro??

ok now I'm scared because of another forum, saying you could have long lasting negative effects from meds like cipro and cipro it's self

I was nervous already seeing this did not help
    http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=515977

Last edited by MeiscoChan; 11-10-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #7
    pupcake
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User

My MIL actually had her knee tendon tear from Cipro. She was just walking into a store and then BLAM, her knee went. It was wild.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
    MeiscoChan
    (female)

MeiscoChan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pupcake View Post
    My MIL actually had her knee tendon tear from Cipro. She was just walking into a store and then BLAM, her knee went. It was wild.
    Oh god no

if it's taking it for a week will it hurt you??

Closed Thread