It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Dizzy/Faint when driving & heavy arms with elbow and shoulder ache

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
    Bodvoc
    (male)

Bodvoc HB User
    Question Dizzy/Faint when driving & heavy arms with elbow and shoulder ache

Hi all,

I have searched and searched for these symptoms on the net, but come up with very little to help or advise me. Just wanted to get a handle on it before I go to the Doctors.

It's like this.

I am 50yrs old, and fit for my age, but in the last few months I have suffered from...

1) A dizzyness or faint feeling with hot/cold flushes when driving or even walking quickly.

2) My elbows ache (like I have worked out to much).

3) my arms feel heavy and the muscles down the back of my legs feel tense (again like I have worked out to much, but I haven't worked out at all in months). I also get a clicking noise in my neck when I move my head from side to side and I have a stiff neck on the left hand side?

4) My eyes feel sticky and I sometimes can't focus on things close up unless I remove my glasses (never had to do that in 30yrs of wearing them). And I get "Floaters" in my vision for most the day.

5) No matter how much rest or sleep I get, I am tired in the mornings, and if I sleep on my back, I sometimes I feel like I am lying on "Lumps" but it's a new-ish mattress and if I move, the lumps I am lying on also move. But there are no lumps on my back or broken ribs etc. to cause that feeling?

I also wake up several times in the night because my hands have gone numb?

6) My heartbeat is sometimes noticable, or I get one or two very big beats. I also sometimes get a prickly feeling in the chest, near the heart, but it feels like a pin pushing into me?

I also get a sensation of something being pulled over my head, like a rush of cold or hot air, and that normally happens when I am driving, trying to go to sleep or if I have moved very quickly...

7) I often find I am grinding my teeth for no reason.

8) A a sort of headache but it's more like it's just starting, but not actually getting any worse than that?

9) I sometimes get a quick mood change, and become angry, but it lasts seconds and then back to my normal laid-back character...

All these symptoms used to come and go, but now it's almost every day... Since I had a very bad cold, and since then the above symptoms have stayed..

OK, here is the bad stuff about me, Yes I am a smoker, I like a glass of wine or vodka, but not a heavy drinker and I eat well and a good healthy diet. I don't go to the gym since these symptoms started, (about 3 months ago), but the symptoms are getting worse!?!

I am now getting worried before I go driving, in case I have these dizzy/faint attacks, Someone has already said it is tension or anxiety?? But I don't feel like I am... But want to sort it before I go mad ! lol

Thanks for your imput

Bodders

Last edited by Bodvoc; 11-21-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
    wwwgirl
    (female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User
    Re: Dizzy/Faint when driving & heavy arms with elbow and shoulder ache

I used to get dizzy or faint all the time when driving my Neon, especially for long distances. I no longer have the Neon and this does not occur anywhere near as often. I sometimes wonder if maybe my Neon wasn't leaking carbon monoxide into the cabin or something. My current car, a Cavalier, did leak fumes into my cabin at one time but that was due to a sensor on the bottom not receiving air because of a bunch of sludge on it. It has sense been cleaned off and has not happened again. However, when this happened, I do not recall feeling more than slightly dizzy. But then again, I was only in the car for maybe 3 minutes so that could be why too.

The following user gives a hug of support to wwwgirl:
    Bodvoc (11-22-2010)
    Old 11-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
    Bodvoc
    (male)

Bodvoc HB User

Hi wwwgirl,

I had thought that to, but it is happening even when I haven't driven for days, and when I do drive, regardless of the weather my windows are always wide open.. ex-biker ;o)

Just checked my Blood Pressure, 145/95 very high, so that may be a clue??

Thanks

Bodders

Old 11-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Bodvoc: Get some allergy test done. Do you feel better if you eat something after having these episodes? If so, you could have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). The smoking doesn't help and the BP is probably an issue as well. If you were a women I'd say you were in menopause. I'd also get your thryoid and adrenal glands checked. Having a low thyroid can make you tired. Are you currently on any medications? Maybe you need some vitamins and minerals. As we age we lose some of these and supplements help alot.

The following user gives a hug of support to 92261:
    Bodvoc (11-22-2010)
    The Following User Says Thank You to 92261 For This Useful Post:
    Bodvoc (11-22-2010)
    Old 11-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
    Bodvoc
    (male)

Bodvoc HB User

Hi 92261,

Thank you for your answers

Trying to get to see my Dr is like getting to get a date with the Queen, I have been told today he is fully booked till next week!

Historically speaking, I have never had an allergy, not to anything! But yes a test may help, will ask him.

Quote:
    Do you feel better if you eat something after having these episodes?
    It seems to happen weather I have recently eaten or not, but never tried eating just after it, will give it a go.

Funny BP today was nearly normal at one point, 118/79, but had been 145/89 in the morning 128/90 at lunch and 118/79 an hour ago?? This is the first time I have checked through the day.. Interesting results...

Ummm thryoid and adrenal glands checks? never thought of that, will add it to the list when I see the quack. I want to get a ECG test and CT scan, but won't hold my breath as the NHS don't like giving those away.

Nope not on any medications at all. I take an effervescent multi vitamins with minerals everyday have done for years.

Ummm, yeah I know, the smoking , but I smoke roll-ups and they are prison style (i.e. skinny) and don't smoke all of them

Been reading up today about "thick Blood", seems that is a cause of heavy limps and aches in the joints, also mentioned a problem with the over 40s.. and smokers. They say take asprin daily to help thin it??!!?? I'll wait to see the Doctor I think lol.

Thanks for your advice
    Bodders

Old 11-25-2010, 01:18 AM   #6
    Bodvoc
    (male)

Bodvoc HB User

Hi All,

Got to see the Doctor, and guess what... Uninterested in symptoms, kept trying to flog the Flu jab.. but in the end sent me for Blood tests..

Watch this space..

Bodders

Old 11-28-2010, 03:39 AM   #7
    wwwgirl
    (female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User

Hello Bodvoc! I am so glad that everything is going well for you. I hope you can get these issues figured out.

Closed Thread