It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• I need medical advice now?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
    curiousmoi
    (female)

curiousmoi HB User
    Question I need medical advice now?!

I have been feeling bad and worst by the day. My health has been rapidly declining and I do not know what is wrong with me specifically. However, I do have different symptoms that could indicate many possible things wrong. I can say that I never had a general checkup before. I am going to get a checkup done, so what should I expect from it? What kind of questions should I ask the doctor? I do not want to sound crazy to him by saying too much, but I need answers and I want some necessary tests done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: I need medical advice now?!

What are your most difficult health problems?

Are you fatigued? No energy? Exhausted all the time??? Some of the time?

Are you in pain? Joints? Muscles? Stomach cramps?

Are you stressed out? A lot of anxiety?

Do you have problems with difficult breathing? Dizzy? Off balance? Feel like you are passing out sometimes?

Perhaps if you can lay out your health problems here, you might get some help and also you would get a list of things to tell the doctor, so that you don't forget anything when you go.

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Machaon; 12-12-2010 at 09:03 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
    curiousmoi (12-17-2010)
    Old 12-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
    Equinox80
    (male)

Equinox80 HB User

Well, it depends. What are some symptoms? You mean like a flu, cold, just various issues in general?

For me for instance I had alot of different symptoms of many different things and found out it was actually depression because of things at home, which caused me to get headaches, nose bleeds, sometimes felt feverish, dizzy, and so on. The doctor gave me Apo-Citalopram and I've been great ever since.

Just let us know a little bit more that's going on and we'll try to help.

The Following User Says Thank You to Equinox80 For This Useful Post:
    curiousmoi (12-17-2010)
    Old 12-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

A general checkup will probably involve the following:

You will have to fill out some forms, explaining your personal health history and lifestyle and a little bit about your family history, especially if you've never seen this doctor before.

The nurse will check things like your weight, blood pressure, and maybe pulse and temperature.

The doctor will physically examine you: listen to your heart and lungs and look at your eyes, ears, nose, etc.

The doctor will discuss your health with you.

The doctor may order blood tests or other tests if appropriate.

If you are a woman past age 20, the doctor may want you to have a gynecological exam. Unless your current symptoms involve those parts of the body, you don't necessarily have to have it at the first visit, although you should get one every year.

Before you go, make a list of concerns. Include how long they've been bothering you and how much they bother you. If there are more than about 3 things on your list, it's possible you won't have time for all of them, so you should also rank them according to how important you think they are.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
    curiousmoi (12-17-2010)
    Closed Thread