It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• I am always hot and need help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
    awshot
    (male)

awshot HB User
    I am always hot and need help

Hello. I'm not too sure which board to post this in, so I hope this one is okay.

I am hoping someone will be able to help with this.

I am a male in my 20s. Over the last half-year, I have been suffering from heat intolerance. I can no longer stand even mild temperatures in the lower 70s without becoming so hot I need to turn the air conditioner on. No one else where I am gets hot like this. It is only me.

I can mention that I never sweat when this occurs. I only feel uncomfortably hot.

I have always been fine with moderate temperatures before. This seems to have started earlier this year after I went to Florida for a few days when it was very hot down there. But, I would be surprised if that was a trigger of some kind, being that the duration I was down there was so short. It was also extremely hot when I returned, and this has been a hot summer, so that could have aggravated the condition.

I've been searching online and found this, appears that, by taking some Pulsatilla 200, one woman was able to cure her son's heat intolerance. Do you think something like this would work for me? I cannot afford any prescriptions or doctor visits, but I can take a one-time dosage of an inexpensive remedy such as this one.

I also do not have any other symptoms of other possible causes. Extreme sensitivity to heat is all I am experiencing. There have been no other health changes this year either.

I am truly in need of some help with this here. Life is becoming unbearable for me with being so hot all the time, and this is no way to live. Even in the wintertime, I cannot use my heater at home as much as I used to and am stuck keeping temperatures in the 50s in order to be comfortable. Does anyone have any suggestions on curing or treating this? Please tell me this isn't something I am going to be stuck living with. There must be something I can do.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can provide.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-15-2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
    shucky ducky
    Veteran
    (male)

shucky ducky HB User
    Re: I am always hot and need help

I'm a 40 year old man and I've had the same problem pretty much all my life. I've had test ran and doctors can't find anything wrong with me. So, if anyone has a cure for heat sensitivity, please let me know. I wish I could enjoy the summer weather like everyone else does instead of being so miserable and uncomfortable.

Last edited by shucky ducky; 12-17-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
    jenj770
    Inactive
    (female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Too much heat in the body can be balanced with Acupuncture, if you're willing to give it a try.

Jen

Old 12-20-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
    vh90453
    Veteran
    (female)

vh90453 HB User

You should have your thyroid checked.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
    awshot
    (male)

awshot HB User

Thank you very much for your responses. I looked up hyperthyroidism and don't think that is the problem because I don't have any of the other symptoms described there. What exactly does acupuncture involve with heat intolerance/sensitivity treatment? Is that something that isn't time or money intensive? I ask this because I am extremely limited in both (I work close to 60 hours a week and have little money, which is why I need an inexpensive remedy).

One other thing I could mention is that usually my back tends to heat up more than the rest of my body, particularly the upper portion of it. It never used to be like that earlier this year, but now it often is. Does anyone know why that might be?

Once again, thank you for any help you can provide.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:26 AM   #6
    jenj770
    Inactive
    (female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Acupuncture is all about balancing our system. Too much heat is a sign of an imbalance in some area of functioning. The cost depends on the Acupuncturist. My treatments are $60 but I've heard of $30 or less in some areas of the country.

What about looking at what you eat. Alcohol and spicy foods would probably contribute to the problem.

The Homeopathic remedy, Pulsatila, that you mentioned might also be worth a try. Homeopathic remedies are very inexpensive.

Hope you find something that works for you.

Jen

Old 12-22-2010, 06:01 AM   #7
    awshot
    (male)

awshot HB User

jenj770: Thank you for your response.

I have not changed my eating habits at all this year, or at all in the past several years. I never consume alcohol (never have) and have not eaten spicy foods in years, so I don't think that would have anything to do with all of a sudden heating up earlier this year. Like I mentioned in my first post, this seems to have started when going down south for a few days earlier this year when it was very hot, and then returning to a hot summer this year. Might that have triggered something in my system that won't revert back to normal?

As far as Acupuncture goes, what kind of time commitments does that involve? I would not be able to get time off from work, so I don't know how I would be able to do that.

Maybe I can give Pulsatilla 200 a try since it seems to be inexpensive. Before I do that, though, does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks again for your help. I really hope I can do something that works, because this is becoming unbearable.

Last edited by awshot; 12-22-2010 at 06:03 AM.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
    aliass
    Inactive
    (male)

aliass HB User

I have this heat intolerance, I have absolutely no idea what causes it. I've looked into so many possibilities that I'm considering trying an SRRI (Anti-depression) medication to check if it's anxiety (I'm 90% sure it's not)

Old 01-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #9
    awshot
    (male)

awshot HB User

I think I am going to give Pulsatilla 200 a try to see if that helps. I am worried about any side effects or what this remedy might do to me, but am willing to give it a shot. I have to do something about my condition here.

I am very nervous about trying this, however, as this is something I have never done before. I should be okay, right?

Thank you for all your help.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #10
    awshot
    (male)

awshot HB User

Well, I have given the Pulsatilla 200 a try several weeks ago and have not noticed any improvement, despite giving it ample time. I guess that remedy does not work for me. I really had my hopes up for that too.

I guess I'm now back to where I started.

Has anyone else who had this problem been able to solve it? Is there any chance that I may get over this naturally, or is this something I am going to have to live with from now on? I have been keeping the temperature in my home lower than 15C because I cannot take anything higher and am really dreading the spring coming up next month.

I wish I could get this checked, but I do not have time or money for it, with work and my finances being tight. Is there any hope for me at all?

Please help me if you can. Thank you very much.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
    awshot
    (male)

awshot HB User

Well, this was completely unexpected, but I think I have found something that is helping out. A couple of weeks ago, I have started taking two remedies for something completely different and unrelated to this. Since I started, I have actually been feeling cooler than I used to.

One of them is a cayenne herbal supplement, in a 500mg dosage. The other is L-Arginine in a 1000mg dosage. I've been taking the cayenne with breakfast and dinner and the L-Arginine with breakfast.

Unfortunately, since I started taking them both together, I do not know which of the two is responsible for my feeling cooler. Researching this online, it appears that cayenne is probably what is responsible for this.

Like I said, I started taking these for something completely different and had no idea they would help with my heat discomfort. But, it has been such a relief feeling this way. I am actually starting to tolerate higher temperatures now and actually feel quite cool in my home, with it still in the 50s in there. I am quite eager to see if it holds up and if I can actually be outside in the summer again. Last year was so miserable that I couldn't even be outside for 15 minutes without having a heat flushing attack.

I hope this helps someone out. I wasn't getting any other responses and nothing else was being found here, so I could at least post this. I don't know if this will work for others, but it is at least something I could suggest to try. I will also post here again in half a year or so after summer is (finally) almost over, with my experiences in hot weather.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #12
    awshot
    (male)

awshot HB User

Well, summer is finally over, so I'll make one more posting here with my experiences. Here is what I've noticed.

These remedies have indeed helped me feel cooler. But, they only help with feeling cooler, not becoming cooler than the temperature would indicate. What I mean by that is, if it is very hot outside, the body is still going to get hot simply because of the actual temperature. If it is cooler out like it is now, the body feels cooler because it is cooler.

So, this is what I would state: these remedies have little effect on the actual body temperature. Rather, they have an effect on how hot or cold you actually feel. They affect the perceived temperature. I hope that makes sense.

One other thing: I just wanted to state again that I cannot say which of the two remedies is having a greater effect, due to the fact that I have been taking the two of them together since the start. But, I don't want to stop either of them because they are at least helping somewhat.

I hope this information helps others out. This sure has helped me and I hope others can benefit from it as well.

Closed Thread