It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Appendicitis??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #31
    PonyLover375
    (female)

PonyLover375 HB UserPonyLover375 HB User
    Re: Appendicitis??

hi. The test results came back negative; i dont have mono.. So the doctors have no clue. I have my next appointment on thursday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    smile

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #32
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi Well at least that is one disease ruled out. Are there any red marks or skin lesions that are visible anywhere on the body? There are probably a few things that might cause what they call hepatosplenomegaly (swelling of spleen and liver).

Last edited by sjb; 02-16-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: addition made

Old 02-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #33
    PonyLover375
    (female)

Hi, no I have no skin lesions or anything like that. My face has been flushing though but it does that alot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    smile

Old 02-17-2011, 04:20 AM   #34
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I have a few more questions. When the doctor tapped on the foot and it hurt on the side was it your upper right in the same spot as where it hurt with the barium enema or the lower right? When the doctor pulled the leg up and it hurt was it in the same spot as the foot tapping? How high have the temps been? Have there been any sinus problems since surgery? Is there still a sore throat? Has there been any eye pain? Chest pain? difficulty breathing? Can a close up of the flushed cheeks be attatched hiding the eyes and identification with a peice paper on the upper part of the face? A cell phone if there is one might help get a picture. I would like a good look at the skin on the cheeks if there is interest.

I think I might ask mom to shred cabbage with shredded carrots and add a little lemon for taste or maybe some lawry's seasoning. I would not use mayonnaise,mustard or vinegar at all and no hot fiery spices. I might also use a bay leaf tea every 6 hours by boiling hot water then adding 2 leaves and letting it sit 20 minutes and drinking it in case it is a virus. Also if the doctor says it is not too hard on the liver I would sit in a real warm tub for 30-minutes to an hour as tolerated with an ice cold cloth on the head to prevent headache. A lot of water should be taken before the bath and during the bath. Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. How many pounds do you weigh?

Last edited by sjb; 02-17-2011 at 05:36 AM. Reason: additions made

Old 02-17-2011, 04:22 AM   #35
    SnowBunny2020
    Inactive
    (female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

SJB? Okay, now I'm curious...what tree are you sniffing around?

Old 02-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #36
    PonyLover375
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sjb View Post
    Hi I have a few more questions. When the doctor tapped on the foot and it hurt on the side was it your upper right in the same spot as where it hurt with the barium enema or the lower right? When the doctor pulled the leg up and it hurt was it in the same spot as the foot tapping? How high have the temps been? Have there been any sinus problems since surgery? Is there still a sore throat? Has there been any eye pain? Chest pain? difficulty breathing? Can a close up of the flushed cheeks be attatched hiding the eyes and identification with a peice paper on the upper part of the face? A cell phone if there is one might help get a picture. I would like a good look at the skin on the cheeks if there is interest.

I think I might ask mom to shred cabbage with shredded carrots and add a little lemon for taste or maybe some lawry's seasoning. I would not use mayonnaise,mustard or vinegar at all and no hot fiery spices. I might also use a bay leaf tea every 6 hours by boiling hot water then adding 2 leaves and letting it sit 20 minutes and drinking it in case it is a virus. Also if the doctor says it is not too hard on the liver I would sit in a real warm tub for 30-minutes to an hour as tolerated with an ice cold cloth on the head to prevent headache. A lot of water should be taken before the bath and during the bath. Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. How many pounds do you weigh?
    When the dr tapped the foot it hurt me in the lower right, which is also where the barium enema hurt me and where ive been hurting this entire time and also when he pulled up my leg. My temps have been 99-100 at the most. I havent had problems since the sinus surgery besides all this and a little bleeding from the nose which is normal at this point. Yes theirs been eye pain but thats normal for me because i was diagnosed with diplopia a few yearsr ago. Chest pain and difficulty breathing-yes because i have asthma. Ill try to do the picture later. Im leaving in 10 minutes for another appointment. Thanks

smile

Old 02-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #37
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

HI if there is time I would ask the doctor if he has considered sarcoidosis? I know the blood work has been normal but perhaps the cells merely have not changed yet and it is early.

Last edited by sjb; 02-17-2011 at 12:26 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
    PonyLover375 (02-18-2011)
    Old 02-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #38
    PonyLover375
    (female)

just got back.
    Hmm..the doctor hasnt mentioned anything like that, but i am having a barium study to rule out crohn's. Next time i talk to him i may ask him.

smile

Old 02-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #39
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi It was my understanding that a Barium was already done and hurt when it hit the painful spot. Why would a second one be done?

Old 02-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #40
    PonyLover375
    (female)

this one isnt an enema. This one is just drinking it and doing xrays every 15 minutes to see how it goes through my digestive system

smile

The Following User Says Thank You to PonyLover375 For This Useful Post:
    sjb (02-18-2011)
    Old 02-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #41
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Oh I see they are going through the top this time! Thank-you for clearing that up.

Last edited by sjb; 02-17-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: grammar

Old 02-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #42
    PonyLover375
    (female)

sorry i didnt clarify that before I hope they get to the bottom of th probem this time! Its scheduled for wednesday at 7 AM.

smile

Old 02-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #43
    PonyLover375
    (female)

heres an update- i had the test and results came back normal. the doctor is doing a test on the gallbladder. Not until NEXT week. Ugh.

smile

The following user gives a hug of support to PonyLover375:
    sjb (02-25-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to PonyLover375 For This Useful Post:
    sjb (02-25-2011)
    Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #44
    SnowBunny2020
    Inactive
    (female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

Thanks for the update. Let us know the results.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #45
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi I would like to know if the pain seems to increase about an hour after something with oil, butter or even sweets is eaten?

Closed Thread