It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• swelling under the back of the thigh

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
    007painful
    (male)

007painful HB User
    swelling under the back of the thigh

Dear Members,
    please pardon me if i am asking a common question or in a wrong section, because i am in constant pain in my thighs so i can't sit properly and concentrate in searching the forum for my disease. PLEASE PARDON me consider my case.

History of my condition: In 2008 jan i got one "Big Swelling ( radius say 2 cms)" under my thigh muscle and i was like unable to walk properly and concentrate on my homework but after 6-7 days it went on it's own. But i could feel a little bump say perhaps of radius 0.25 cms but absolutely no Pain at all. I thought OK. And since then it has appeared after every 8-9 month interval. From that tiny swelling with no pain it grows until it becomes around 2 cms radius swelling with PAIN that i can't imagine, it's unbearable. At this point i would prefer one AK 47 bullet rather this huge swelling under my thighs which is cutting my every bit of social interaction. I am limping now and unable to sit and sleep. God please help me ...And that area is unusually Hot than the surrounding area (to note). Please help me..........?

Last edited by mod85; 10-15-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: swelling under the back of the thigh

Is the swelling with any other symptoms? How high on the back of your thigh....closer to the knee or closer to your butt?

Have you seen a doctor about it yet? I think that's something you should absolutely pursue.

q

Last edited by quincy; 10-15-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Could be a blood clot. I would see a doctor immediately.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:26 AM   #4
    007painful
    (male)

007painful HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Is the swelling with any other symptoms? How high on the back of your thigh....closer to the knee or closer to your butt?

Have you seen a doctor about it yet? I think that's something you should absolutely pursue.

q
    Hey buddy, thanks for your reply.
    About it's position: it's just right below my butt.
    and no i have not yet gone to the doc and since i am staying alone now so no up there is to take care of me, and the pain is severe today. i didn't get proper sleep yesterday. My entire body is shivering from the pain down there.

I think it's carbuncle or something.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi...sounds as though you're running a fever from a possible infection.

Please....Squat over a mirror and take a very good look at what's going on "down there". Are there any streaks from that area?

If it is a carbuncle or a boil, you would be wise to make sure you are careful in touching it or any of the exudate should there be any.
    If this is the area that it would accommodate, maybe a sitz bath will bring it to a head to the point it will open.

Keep it covered and make sure anything you wear over it is washed in hot water with some vinegar to help it from getting further infected.

I cannot stress personal hygeine strongly enough, wash hands before and after touching, sheets and especially towels and the toilet seat should be kept clean before/after...etc.

Staph is usually the bacteria associated, but strep is as well..both can lead to serious complications.

Do you have tylenol that can help with the pain? and if you do have any topical antibiotics, put it over after washing and before covering.

The other issue I was concerned is that if it is open...it could be a fistula created by an internal abscess.

If you take a look and see what it looks like, that might give you more cause to research and know what to do, especially if you're not going to see the doctor.....which I would strongly advise you reconsider. You might need to have it lanced and be given antibiotics to help infection. You don't want it spreading to lymph glands which are around that area.

Keep us posted how you're doing.
    q

Old 10-17-2011, 02:05 AM   #6
    007painful
    (male)

007painful HB User

Dear Queen,
    You know what, there is nothing coming out of any sort, that's just look normal skin to me there. But during the initial stage where i could at least inspect it, i found a small lump in there. and I think that has grown now to a big size. And that area is very supple now. And about hygiene: I would always score cent percent in sanitary matters.

Some one told me that it is Cyst.

I wish I were in London, my hometown, with my family.

bye bye..

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-17-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Yes, it could very well be a cyst if there's no outside visual changes of redness, discharge, etc. But....it's really best to get it checked, especially if you're in such considerable pain.

I hope it doesn't last too long and that by the time it comes up again, you'll be able to see the doctor then.

Any pain that's continual is distressing. Let us know the outcome for sure..no matter when.

q

Old 10-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #8
    007painful
    (male)

007painful HB User

well, the natural pain has now gone but the lump is still there and it's tender anyway. if something hits there then Oh My God!

Old 10-28-2011, 05:55 AM   #9
    007painful
    (male)

007painful HB User

hey folks,
    I went through a surgery down there [thigh] on 25 of October as the Doc told me that is an abscess, and they incise a little bit over there and squeezed out what was in there and i, on the other hand lying on my stomach just enjoying the horrible pain i got during those critical 15-20 min something. I think they didn't use any local anesthesia or something as the pain of the incision was horrible. I just almost lost my conscious, everything became dark before my eyes and my mind was actually reeling. I am dressing it everyday now from that same Doc and i feel the pain during that time also. I haven't taken bath since last 4 days. This little piece of THING would be so painful to me i didn't even imagine in my wildest of dreams. Jeez Pls i don't want any of those again. Missing my life.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #10
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I was concerned about that, and happy it didn't become a fistula...good you got it removed.

Hope you heal well and that you don't have it again!!

What do you have to do for aftercare?

Such a delicate and highly nerve sensitive area...no wonder you're in so much pain. I hope pain meds will help.

Thanks for the update...let us know how you're doing for sure!
    q

The following user gives a hug of support to quincy:
    007painful (10-29-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
    007painful (10-29-2011)
    Old 10-29-2011, 03:18 AM   #11
    007painful
    (male)

007painful HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    I was concerned about that, and happy it didn't become a fistula...good you got it removed.

Hope you heal well and that you don't have it again!!

What do you have to do for aftercare?

Such a delicate and highly nerve sensitive area...no wonder you're in so much pain. I hope pain meds will help.

Thanks for the update...let us know how you're doing for sure!
    q
    Hi quincy,
    Actually I am just doing nothing. After the surgery I am going every day to the Doc and he is actually doing the dressing of the wound and all that. And I am continuing with the medicines he has prescribed to me for 12 days (initially for 5 days) as the abscess was pretty big when i got it drained.

Hey quincy, I wanna say thank you very much for the support I received (i mean e-support). That was just wonderful of you. You take care.. God bless you.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #12
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

You're most welcome! Thenk you for the kind sentiments.

It's good to hear it's been dealt with and that you're on the road to recovery.

Try not to wait so long if anything else happens that's a continual issue. Just the waiting for appointments can take up a lot of time...but at least it's in the works than putting it off.

Best to you!
    q

Last edited by quincy; 10-29-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Closed Thread