It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



General Health Message Board

  • Sudden Chills, Extreme Fatigue and just overall bad feeling

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 10-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
    yobyo1
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    yobyo1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Location: SC
    Posts: 17
    yobyo1 HB User
    Sudden Chills, Extreme Fatigue and just overall bad feeling

    Ok, so a few months a go I had to take a trip to the ER because I was sleeping and woke up with a little chest discomfort, chills and I just thought I was about to die. At the ER they same I'm fine and told me probably what I had was a panic attack. So, I was like OK and didn't think much of it.

    This past week I've had a few of these attacks but they don't involve any chest discomfort. I just get cold chills out of nowhere, extreme fatigue and I just feel like I'm about to die and it last for about 30-45 minutes. I really don't think these are panic attacks because I was just laying down watching a movie when it happened and was having no negative thoughts whatsoever. Do these symptoms sound familiar to anybody?

    BTW, I'm 26 with no prior alcohol or tobacco abuse, I'm not on any meds and I'm in fairly good shape.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 10-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Feb 2003
    Location: Fort Laud
    Posts: 4,356
    Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Sudden Chills, Extreme Fatigue and just overall bad feeling

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yobyo1 View Post
    Ok, so a few months a go I had to take a trip to the ER because I was sleeping and woke up with a little chest discomfort, chills and I just thought I was about to die. At the ER they same I'm fine and told me probably what I had was a panic attack.
    "Panic attack" is the standard response from any medical professional to any malady that they can't solve.

    Quote:
    This past week I've had a few of these attacks but they don't involve any chest discomfort. I just get cold chills out of nowhere, extreme fatigue and I just feel like I'm about to die and it last for about 30-45 minutes. I really don't think these are panic attacks because I was just laying down watching a movie when it happened and was having no negative thoughts whatsoever. Do these symptoms sound familiar to anybody?
    It's a PANIC ATTACK!

    Only kidding!

    During these attacks do you feel any heart jumps, or skips, or fast beating, or slow beating? Any labored or stressful breathing? Tight breathing?

    Did they test your blood pressure at the ER? If so, what was it?

    Did they give you an EKG? Did it say anything abnormal?

    Did they test your blood sugar?

    I am environmentally sensitive. When I come into contact with an irritant, I'll have labored breathing, feel warm, heart beats erratically, nausea, malaise and I will get extreme fatigue. I don't get the chills, I get the opposite, too warm!

    Have you ever suspected that it could be something that you ate or drank? Is there anything in your home with a strong smell? Has your place been recently painted?

    How long ago did these attacks begin? Did you have a bad cold, or infection prior to the start of these attacks? Looking for the catalyst!

    Quote:
    BTW, I'm 26 with no prior alcohol or tobacco abuse, I'm not on any meds and I'm in fairly good shape.
    Life can be unfair, can't it? You do everything right, and keep yourself in great shape and you have these unexplained health problems. Someone down the street smokes, does drugs, doesn't exercise, overeats, and they seem to be free of any problems, for now!

    Best of luck!
    __________________
    ⇒ Age 78, Heart Failure for 35 yrs, Chronically High Blood Pressure, AFib Diabetes2 diagnosed in 1987, now very healthy!
    ⇒ I use $6 fluticasone nasal spray as my asthma inhaler! BID! Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    ⇒ Do it yourself SLIT greatly improved my asthma and MCS
    ⇒ I make my own dentures with moldable plastic pellets. Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    ⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

     
    Old 10-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
    yobyo1
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    yobyo1's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Location: SC
    Posts: 17
    yobyo1 HB User
    Re: Sudden Chills, Extreme Fatigue and just overall bad feeling

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
    During these attacks do you feel any heart jumps, or skips, or fast beating, or slow beating? Any labored or stressful breathing? Tight breathing?
    I don't know if it's my heart but it does feel like some slight fluttering in my chest and yea, my heart does speed up a bit.

    As far as breathing, sometimes I do have a little shortness of breath. I'll add too that I do have a slightly deviated septum and sometimes when my sinuses are clogged, it's harder to breathe. However the past few times this has happened, I haven't had any trouble breathing and clogged sinuses.

    Quote:
    Did they test your blood pressure at the ER? If so, what was it?
    Blood pressure was fine. Not sure of the numbers but it wasn't an issue.

    Quote:
    Did they give you an EKG? Did it say anything abnormal?
    Nothing on the EKG at all.

    Quote:
    Did they test your blood sugar?
    They did draw blood, although I'm not sure if they tested my blood sugar or not. However, she did say that they found nothing abnormal in the blood test.

    Quote:
    How long ago did these attacks begin? Did you have a bad cold, or infection prior to the start of these attacks? Looking for the catalyst!
    First attack started probably in the summer around June or so and I just recently started having more. I've had 3 in the past 2 weeks. The first time it happened I wasn't sick or anything it was just a normal day and I went to sleep that night and woke up and had that attack.

    I'll add as well that my eyes get extremely red when this is happening, don't know if that matters or not though.

    Last edited by yobyo1; 10-28-2011 at 09:06 AM.

     
    Old 10-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Feb 2003
    Location: Fort Laud
    Posts: 4,356
    Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Sudden Chills, Extreme Fatigue and just overall bad feeling

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yobyo1 View Post
    I don't know if it's my heart but it does feel like some slight fluttering in my chest and yea, my heart does speed up a bit.
    During an allergic attack, the body pumps hormones from the Adrenal Complex. These hormones can really disrupt the beat and/or speed up the beat of "sensitive" hearts.

    Quote:
    As far as breathing, sometimes I do have a little shortness of breath. I'll add too that I do have a slightly deviated septum and sometimes when my sinuses are clogged, it's harder to breathe. However the past few times this has happened, I haven't had any trouble breathing and clogged sinuses.
    Cloggged sinuses, shortness of breath, heart beat problems, point to allergies and a sensitive heart; rather than heart disease.

    Have you been tested for allergies?

    Quote:
    Blood pressure was fine. Not sure of the numbers but it wasn't an issue.

    Nothing on the EKG at all.

    They did draw blood, although I'm not sure if they tested my blood sugar or not. However, she did say that they found nothing abnormal in the blood test.
    So...... in a nutshell, you are too healthy for your own good!

    Quote:
    First attack started probably in the summer around June or so and I just recently started having more. I've had 3 in the past 2 weeks. The first time it happened I wasn't sick or anything it was just a normal day and I went to sleep that night and woke up and had that attack.
    The bed is the absolute worst place for allergies.

    Quote:
    I'll add as well that my eyes get extremely red when this is happening, don't know if that matters or not though.
    Do you rub your eyes, even without being aware of it? The reason I ask is: During bad allergy seasons, you get pollens or allergens on your hands. When you rub your eyes, even a little, it transfers allergens to your eyes and WHAM, an allergic reaction causing red, teary eyeballs!

    You could try washing your hands more, especially after you have come indoors from the outdoors.

    I am not doc. I am just a 70 year old guy who hangs around HealthBoards giving my worthless two cents.

    Best of health!
    __________________
    ⇒ Age 78, Heart Failure for 35 yrs, Chronically High Blood Pressure, AFib Diabetes2 diagnosed in 1987, now very healthy!
    ⇒ I use $6 fluticasone nasal spray as my asthma inhaler! BID! Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    ⇒ Do it yourself SLIT greatly improved my asthma and MCS
    ⇒ I make my own dentures with moldable plastic pellets. Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    ⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

     
    Old 07-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
    autobot22
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    autobot22's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: OKEMOS
    Posts: 1
    autobot22 HB User
    Re: Sudden Chills, Extreme Fatigue and just overall bad feeling

    I have been going through the same thing Recently. First time I was sitting in a movie theatre and right in the middle of the movie my face flushed and my whole body went cold.. I thought I was going to throw up and pass out right there. I could barely breathe and had slight-no chest pain. Only for it to go away I had to out my head between my knees and breathe slowly. I was told later this was a panic attack. I have experienced panic attacks my whole life, but this one was very strange and didnt feel like it.
    This same thing happened again 2 more times that week.. I was at work and felt the same symptoms and had to get on the floor before I fell on something. My coworkers were very scared by it because it was so sudden. I've been looking more into it and thinking it may be a blood sugar problem. I havent changed my diet much though. Woke up this morning in chills and feeling very uncomfortable. At this point I have no idea what it is but its worrying me since these episodes won;t stop.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Extreme fatigue, dizziness, shortness of breath, purple toes.... MissBee89 General Health 3 08-06-2011 06:12 PM
    Extreme Fatigue, Pain, Dizzyness & CRP raised to 26 someonetellme General Health 0 12-05-2010 03:08 AM
    Weird sick feeling, chills, and shaking, no fever KyraDarkblood General Health 4 07-22-2010 11:18 AM
    flu->walking pneumonia/resp. infection -> weeks of fatigue(extreme) kselva General Health 3 12-31-2009 04:43 AM
    Extreme shortness of breath Hamilton92 General Health 6 09-03-2009 05:17 PM
    extreme fatigue/hunger for no good reason what is wrong with me? mochi* General Health 1 12-03-2008 12:06 PM
    extreme fatigue aspen05 General Health 2 06-09-2006 05:30 AM
    Can anyone explain the chills? ClaraBo General Health 9 01-07-2006 05:19 PM
    Sudden loss of appetite Wmoon24 General Health 3 08-24-2005 07:50 AM
    extreme changes in energy levels Jumbungla General Health 8 02-23-2005 11:48 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02 AM.





    © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!