It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Weird Recurring Symptoms - Help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
    NotKnowingSucks
    (male)

NotKnowingSucks HB User
    Weird Recurring Symptoms - Help

OK so I don't know where to turn for help and this has happened to me before in 2006. Recurring usually means something is going on so now that this has been bad, gotten much better and now has gotten bad again means I need help.

A few things to note I had laser eye surgery Thursday Nov 3rd to seal a tear in my left retina (tiny whole). The next day I got a headache that continued to grow in intensity Friday and Saturday afternoon I ended up in the ER due to major head pressure, couldn't see straight. CT scan showed some swelling in the left back side of my head (so the doctor said) and she asked if I hit my head, I told her no and it was dismissed for some reason.

Symptoms are:
    • left neck weakness
    • left swallowing difficulty
    • left side hyoid bone popping when swallowing
    • left shoulder and arm weakness
    • left should and arm burning
    • left side of head tight and throbbing
    • left head splitting headache
    • left side lower back of head (behind left ear but lower part of head) pain and tenderness to the touch
    • left weaker formarm, wrist and hand
    • left jaw weakness, feels like its hanging off at times and other times not
    • right jaw cracks about 8-10 times a day due to weakness on the left side
    • left eye pain
    • left side of face feels hot, sun burned feeling but its not
    • left side of face feeling tight and lots of pressure
    • left side face had so much pressure last night it seemed to have a muscle spasm and my muscles on the left side of my head started twitching uncontrollably
    • it feels like their is a cut down the middle of my head and I can feel the left side of my head more than the right, very uncomfortable feeling
    • Feels like everything on the left side of my body has just been weakened and it seems like it happened over night
    • extreme neck pressure pain radiating down my back where the bottom of my neck meets the rest of my spine
    • left hand feels colder and is colder to the touch
    • left pain right below should blade towards the center of my back
    • large amount of floaters in my eyes over the past few years
    • recurring infections
    • a little dizzy during the day
    • bad pain in my back and neck when the day is done (from pressure of sitting upright it feels like)
    • head pressure while standing or sitting upright

It looks like a laundry list of things but this same thing happened to me early in Jan 2006. I went looking for help to a Neurologist, infectious disease doctor, Endocrinologist, Ears/Nose/Throat, Allergist, ER doctors. None came up with anything except to throw drugs at me. There is something systemic here that only occurs on my left side. When it happens twice I think there is obviously a major issue that I need to address but I have no doctor that is willing to help me figure out the problem. Is this Auto-immune?

I am from East Lyme Connecticut so the Lyme Disease doctor tested me for Lyme, turned out I had tested positive for a co-infection (a tick borne disease that usually comes along with Lyme called Ehrlichiosis) but not very positive for Lyme (western blot some bands positive but not enough for CDC positive). I was treated for Lyme and during the time period most of my symptoms disappeared (2 years of treatment) but that could have been coincidence. Some issues go away on their own with auto-immune so I am not convinced.
    Right now this burning in my left arm, shoulder weakness and burning, neck pain and weakness, jaw weakness is really F'ing with me. The only thing that helps is Vicodin and I don't want to be on opiates for the rest of my life (3 days is enough).

Another thing to note I had just gotten off of Leviquin (7 day round) to get over a throat/sinus infection about 1 week earlier before eye laser. I just want you to have all the facts to see if someone out there can help.

Blood test done at ER and all my levels were within normal range.

Does anyone know of a doctor in LA that is willing to help me get to the bottom of what is wrong with me? I really can't go through this all over again, my job and my life will suffer again and I can't afford it.

Thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread