It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• PLEASE HELP! My girlfriend has been getting worse.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
    allstarEZ723
    (male)

allstarEZ723 HB User
    PLEASE HELP! My girlfriend has been getting worse.

I have no idea what is wrong with her. I have known her for 2 years and she has always gotten sick a lot, with occasional panic attacks at night, back pain, and indigestion. She has always been more on the sedentary side and she has had an unhealthy diet in the past (no breakfast, processed foods, many sugary drinks).

Here lately in the past two months or so, she has developed a nasty cough that isn't going away, she wakes up a lot of nights and throws up what she ate that day, and she is feeling very fatigued. She has been trying to diet better (less/no sodas, eating breakfast occasionally, eating all-around better choices of food) and has been doing cardio workouts multiple times a week.

I am just worried that she has cancer that is beginning to spread throughout her body. She doesn't like to see doctors, and even when she does go, she doesn't get much help considering she doesn't have health insurance. Most of the time the doctors just dismiss her with a "hope you feel better" attitude.

Also, before I knew her, she was tested multiple times for her panic attacks that were serious at the time. Doctors could not figure out what was wrong with her. Again, I don't know if that's because of incompetence do to lack of health insurance, or what...

Someone please help me. Even if you can only slightly relate to just one point that I made, I would love to hear your input. I just want my girlfriend to be happy and healthy.

EDIT: I forgot to add that she has a lump under her armpit. It fluctuates in size and it has been painful. It had been there for over a year; she dismissed it as something that was caused by a metal bra strap, but I think it could be much worse.

Last edited by allstarEZ723; 11-17-2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: additional info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
    loveley07
    (female)

loveley07 HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! My girlfriend has been getting worse.

Hi! I hope a healthy diet will somehow help your girlfriend with her illness.
    Like give her a glass of milk before bedtime and give her fruits every meal.
    Vegetables also are very important for out diet.
    But for best advise maybe its time for you to visit a doctor before everything comes to worst.

Hope I helped somehow. Please keep us posted.
    More power.
    Thank you.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
    Krista2882
    (female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User

The lump in her armpit could be a swollen lymph node. Everyone has lymph nodes in their armpits, and a swollen one could indicate some kind of infection in the body. Mine swell up and get painful when I have a flare-up of Epstein-Barr Virus.
    Sorry it's not more specific than that, but maybe if a doctor knew that, they could adjust the type of testing they do.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
    tariq456
    (male)

tariq456 HB User

Sad to hear about your girlfriend
    Fruits and vegetables are very important for the body.Give her a proper diet and give her fruits and vegetables.Keep her mind fresh and happy!
    I will pray for her.
    Hope She will fine soon!

Old 12-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
    orion
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

Panic attacks, rapid heart beat, fatigue, can be related to hormone problems like thyroid and or cortisol. She should have blood tests for those hormones to be sure they are normal. Both the thyroid fix and cortisol deficiency can easily be treated cheaply.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #6
    davee76
    (male)

davee76 HB User

Try to get her to go to a doctor. She should have tests run.
    I know how expensive it can be, I don't have insurance myself, but most hospitals will work with you if you can't afford to pay.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #7
    VeryChic
    (female)

VeryChic HB User

It sounds like an eating disorder to me.
    If shes dieting , vomiting and exercising several times a week.. it just doesnt add up.

The vomiting is what is causing her the cough (possibly).

Get her to a doctor and ask her not to exercise and diet but rather eat a highly caloric diet, see how she responds.

Get her to a doctor and go with her.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #8
    VeryChic
    (female)

VeryChic HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by allstarEZ723 View Post

EDIT: I forgot to add that she has a lump under her armpit. It fluctuates in size and it has been painful. It had been there for over a year; she dismissed it as something that was caused by a metal bra strap, but I think it could be much worse.
    I didnt see this part. Def get her to the doctor asap

Old 12-26-2011, 06:27 AM   #9
    stevansmith255
    (male)

stevansmith255 HB User
    Cool Re: PLEASE HELP! My girlfriend has been getting worse.

Hey, Really I would suggest you that, morning breakfast is really very very important for all human being and it may also works for your girlfriend too.

Thanks very much!

Closed Thread