It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Cold, Tired, Irritable....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
    DollFace27
    (female)

DollFace27 HB User
    Cold, Tired, Irritable....

Alright, let's take it from the top. I am 20 and I work at a Preschool with the 1 year olds. For the past...I don't know.. Year or so I have been having problems with constantly being tired. I always get 7+ hours of sleep but never wake up feeling refreshed. I go to work and come home and literally am too tired to do anything. I have been taking Multivitamins and B complex and have recently changed my diet and have been eating much healthier and drinking lots of water, but with no help. I used to run everynight but nowadays I am just too exhausted to work out. I Figured it was from chasing little kids all day, but the weekends are no better. Mornings I have to literally drag myself out of bed and it's just no fun. My mother always says I am way to young to always be so worn out. Which is true.

I am also always freezing. My boyfriend will be in shorts and a tshirt around the house, and I am in Socks, slippers, long sleeve shirt, sweater, pants and a blanket and still feel cold. He even made a comment about how my feet feel cold through my socks. This would be weird if we lived in a colder climate, but Arizona is different. I carry a jacket with me all year, and when its any where under 79 I get goosebumps and get really cold.

I also suffer from headaches 5 days out of 7 and sometimes I can help them, but other days not so much.

And all this makes me so cranky.

I know I need to go to the doctor, but with my work schedule and my boss being so uptight about time off, (i work mon-fri 9-6 and she only allows us to take afternoon appointments) its hard to schedule an appointment, but I plan on doing so during my winter break. I would just like some feedback now if possible. Thank you. (:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
    slenderella
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
    Re: Cold, Tired, Irritable....

My guess is that you have an issue with your thyroid. I think that if you called your doctor they could at least give you a prescription to get some blood work, which you can probably do after work one day, before you make an actual appointment with the doctor over your break. That way they have something to work with that could explain your symptoms. I think that you could be hypothyroid.

blessings, Sue

Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #3
    DollFace27
    (female)

DollFace27 HB User
    Re: Cold, Tired, Irritable....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by slenderella View Post
    My guess is that you have an issue with your thyroid. I think that if you called your doctor they could at least give you a prescription to get some blood work, which you can probably do after work one day, before you make an actual appointment with the doctor over your break. That way they have something to work with that could explain your symptoms. I think that you could be hypothyroid.

blessings, Sue

Okay than you. And this is kind of a dumb question, but can I just go to a regular family doctor to have that tested? Or is there a specific doctor for it? I am not very good about keeping up with appointments and doctors. :/

Closed Thread