It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Endocrinologist or Gynocologist for Hormone testing?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Junior Member
Correctusage's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Olivos, CA, USA
Posts: 44
Correctusage HB User
Question Endocrinologist or Gynocologist for Hormone testing?

Hi everyone! I've been posting at the boards the past couple years trying to get info on a chronic digestive/random symptom illness I've had for 3 years now. Basically, what started with crazy loose stools also became vision problems, hair loss, migraines, night sweats, insomnia, heart flutterings, ginormous appetite and weight gain, fatigue, new cystic and nodular acne on the chin (ewww!! and ouch!) yaddi yaddi yadda.

I've gone to several general/primary care docs already, been thoroughly investigated by a gynecologist inside and out, several gastroenterologists inside and out, ophthalmologists, and... I don't remember what else. I'm at a doctors office every month, unfortunately. At 30 years old and otherwise bright and perky, I'm getting quite sick of this crap and being housebound 85% percent of the time.

So my next step, not suggested by any of my doctors, but something I think I should have done, is having my hormone levels thoroughly checked out.

What specialist is best for this purpose - an endocrinologist or a gynecologist? I can't seem to figure it out so far.

Tips are great and appreciated! Thanks!

Reply With Quote
Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 01-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 19,270
Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Endocrinologist or Gynocologist for Hormone testing?

Well since you need more than estrogen and progesterone checked, I'd say endocrinologist.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Correctusage (01-21-2013)
Reply Reply

fatigue, hair loss, loose stool, low energy, sweats

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!