It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Body Lice? OR is it Body Dandruff?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-19-2002, 01:35 AM   #1
    revival28

revival28 HB User
    Question Body Lice? OR is it Body Dandruff?

Hello everyone,

For a month I've been itching like crazy... and came to the conclusion that I received body lice from a sexual partner.

I've tried everything to get rid of it. I've used, Rid, Borax soap.. scalding hot water.... fresh laundry everyday... 2 showers a day... I've even shaved my head and whole body. My back is the worst. Sleeping at night can be hell...

so... has anyone had this problem and how do I know what it is? I went to the doctor, but he never looked at my skin, he just gave me some antihistimine for itching....

My skin appears to have oval eggie things on it.. but it's dug into my skin at time.. I feel it's lice.. What should I do...

YOurs,
    Itching like crazy..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2002, 05:56 AM   #2
    Carreen

If you had lice, you would see them. They are small but can be seen. When they're not feeding on you, they hang out in the seams of your clothes. Look there and see. Go to a dermatologist for a correct diagnosis as it's nearly impossible to diagnose a skin condition over the internet. Good luck.

Old 01-19-2002, 10:42 PM   #3
    magnolia

magnolia HB User
    you could have scabies, scabies you cannot see but you can see little red lines where they have burrowed under your skin...also you can transfer them from one part of the body to another by scratching and getting them under your fingernails and scratching elsewhere... hot water will cause more intense itching as the increase in temperature will make them more active...a prescription lotion is available that will kill them all after 2 rubbings within 24 hours...best wishes!!!

Old 01-19-2002, 11:48 PM   #4
    revival28

revival28 HB User
    I definitely don't have red lines on my skin... thank goodness! :-)

Old 01-22-2002, 09:28 AM   #5
    blondiebiker

blondiebiker HB User
    you don't have to have red lines necessarily for scabies. get to a doc....asap.

Old 03-16-2003, 11:09 PM   #6
    Shababy
    (female)

Shababy HB User
    I had Scabies for 1 1/2 yrs once and no doctor could never find the critters even though a few of the doctors said they thought that was probably what I had. Cleaning and cleaning just doesn't get rid of them. I had to litterally get rid of every piece of furniture in the house including all the mattresses and couch. The cream was how I finally got rid of them. A girl staying over with my daughter gave them to us. If you treat yourself with that cream before you get a diagnosis, it's almost virtually impossible to get a diagnosis. I had to shave my head too, shaved my arms and legs. It helped me deal with it but it did NOT get rid of it. I'll tell you what. The chief of dermatology at the VA Hosp in Seattle, WA told me a few years ago told me that in rare cases there are families that pass this back n forth to each other and he would treat both families at the same time. I also read on the internet that sometimes in rare cases, families with itching problems will pass it down from generation to generation, believe it or not. There is a site that has alot of people with this Scabies disorder even though the site doesn't want to admit it. It's The National Skin Parasite Organization. Do a search for it and see how many people have this sort of problem. Most of the people on that site says docs don't listen or believe them, say it's in their head. I've heard of people loosing their children, their jobs, their homes, etc. over saying they think they have scabies and can't get a diagnosis. I could go on and one. I know how you feel. I had them in my ears sooooo bad. In severe cases, you can get them in your ears and I also felt like I had a bowl of maggots on my head it felt so gross. The only way I got to sleep at night was by throwing my clothes, sheets and blankets, pillow case, etc. into the dryer in order to get to sleep. 1 1/2 yrs of hell! I can tell you alot of things that happened to me in life that were never as bad as Scabies. But then, around the same time, I got Herpes so that could have been the reason I couldn't get rid of them and the fact that my husband wouldn't treat the 2 children that lived with him and they itched so bad. Good luck. If I see your post, I'll write again.

------------------

Old 03-16-2003, 11:13 PM   #7
    Shababy
    (female)

Shababy HB User
    My 6 yr old has red lines on his back still till this day but they've always told me they don't know what it's due to. I'm thinking he could still have scabies but I don't worry about it anymore because we don't itch like we use to. And I don't want to be accused like the med community is good at.

------------------

Old 03-16-2003, 11:18 PM   #8
    Shababy
    (female)

Shababy HB User
    [url="http://www.skinparasites.com/"]http://www.skinparasites.com/[/url] The Nation Skin Parasite Organization

------------------

Old 05-24-2003, 09:41 AM   #9
    ShaBaby

Revival, did you ever get a diagnosis? Do you still have it?

------------------
    ShaBaby

Closed Thread