It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

wondering if I have an underlying condition

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2013, 02:27 AM   #1
jrm209
(female)

jrm209 HB User
wondering if I have an underlying condition

I noticed when I have to go to a gathering or event...let's say a party, a wedding or going out clubbing, even field trips...just places that involves going out with lots of people around....I get really sick after an hour or two. I get really nauseated, head aches like crazy, feel dizzy and like I want to throw up. My body gets really weak, I feel like I'm made of jelly.

It isn't social anxiety because I don't have a problem being around people, I love company and I'm always excited to go to these events and to see all my friends. But the sick feeling kicks in a after a little bit and I'm unable to enjoy the rest of the night. The only way I feel better is if I go home and sleep or force myself to throw up (gagging makes me feel slightly better)

Also I tend to get motion sickness in the car, it usually goes away after I step out and into fresh air...so it can't be linked to the sick feeling I get hours later at the even itself.

Could this be anything?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #2
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Diagnose me...do I have an underlying condition?

There is a condition called multiple chemical sensitivity that is uncommon, but it is an extreme sensitivity reaction (like allergic reaction) to chemicals. I suspect that could be the problem because most people going to parties have recently showered, shampooed, hairsprayed, lotioned up and put on cologne, so all those chemicals and smells combined may be setting off a reaction in you. This may occur in people who are also sensitive to various fabrics, metals in jewelry, drugs, cleaning products, air fresheners, etc. Not too many Drs are aware of it, so you may want to phone interview some allergy/immunology Drs to find one if you want to check out this possibility. There are treatments available aimed at reducing histamines, mast cell activation, etc. Your local university clinic may have a Dr familiar with it.

Last edited by ladybud; 02-10-2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: typo

Old 03-06-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
jrm209
(female)

jrm209 HB User
Re: Diagnose me...do I have an underlying condition?

okay thank you, will check this out

Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
Skeptical66
(female)

Skeptical66 HB User
Re: Diagnose me... do I have an underlying condition?

Maybe you are easily dehydrated , alcohol adds to this if you drink, be sure to drink plenty of water while getting ready for your outing. Also make sure you are eating, sometimes in our scuffle to get ready,we forget these simple things !

Old 08-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #5
PixiePainter
(female)

PixiePainter HB User
Re: Diagnose me... do I have an underlying condition?

Hi! Iím wondering.... Does this happen typically when youíre excited about something? Or overstimulation? Like a stressful environment; stress can be good stress too. Like sports games, or going on a really exciting trip, or winning a prize etc.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:11 AM   #6
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
re: wondering if I have an underlying condition

jrm209

I would get the possibility of multiple chemical sensitivity checked out. The motion sickness may be related, as inner ear issues are related to histamines and allergies.

You might try over the counter meclizine , like Bonine, to prevent the car sickness. It could even help to take it before social events. An ENT could evaluate your inner ear status.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-10-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Reply Reply