It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Weakness

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
mcrdotcom
(male)

mcrdotcom HB User
Weakness

Hi,

I'm a 19 year old male, overweight (currently dieting and working out to get in shape though), go to university.

Over the past year I've developed some muscle pain and weakness. I'm an avid darts player and recently my performance has been deteriorating and I find I have a lot of tightness in the muscles in my arm, and thus I have difficulty throwing consistent straight darts now. (They tend to go left, to widely left as my arm tires, throwing with right hand). My arm can get quite tired throwing darts.

Sometimes I will go out for a walk for the first time during the day and I'll have aches in my legs, and if I work out I find it takes longer than usual to recover, sometimes 2 days for a not so intense workout.

Most of the issues are my arms and hands though, and I both feel a lot tighter lately than before, and I am dropping darts a lot more (clumsiness).

A few months back the doctor did some tests when I complained of fatigue and all came back perfect. So I'm wondering, the aches in my legs, tightness in my arms and hands, some general fatigue and weakness, is this just being too inactive or is there something worth investigating? I also get migraine type headaches regularly enough.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Weakness

Do you drink enough water throughout the day? Are you feeling depressed and/or anxious? All of these can change the way our bodies behave, or how we perceive them as behaving.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
mcrdotcom
(male)

mcrdotcom HB User
Re: Weakness

On the water, probably not, I can try increase the amount I drink and see if it helps.

I do suffer from frequent depressive episodes, but I don't have any diagnosed psychological disorder, in fact I have absolutely no diagnosed issues. Apart from being overweight according to my doctor I'm in perfect health by her tests (slightly elevated BP but that seems to be mostly due to a "white coat syndrome" of sorts). I suffer from slight social anxiety, that is, I get nervous, for example going into a doctors office but it never actually stops me doing anything, I usually find my heart beat rises and I sweat just before these sorts of social interactions.

Started eating very healthy lately, although lower calorie intake due to losing weight, but the fatigue is there on full diet anyway.

Reply Reply

Tags
aches, arms, fatigue, legs, weakness