It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• High Lymphocyte and eosinophils count

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-01-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
    caughtinfear
    (male)

caughtinfear HB User
    High Lymphocyte and eosinophils count

Hi

I recently got a blood test done and got a high lymphocyte H 44% (normal 20%-40%) and high eosinophils H 07% (normal 1%-6%) count.

Can you please suggest me if this is alarming or everything is under control ?

What is bothering me is that i had unprotected intercourse with a girl at work. I am just hoping that she is not infected with some STD.

Would really appreciate an experts opinion on this.

Last edited by caughtinfear; 05-01-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: High Lymphocyte and eosinophils count

These levels are borderline and probably not meaningful. The eos are usually associated with allergies, and springtime grass and tree allergies are in full bloom right now, if you have a history of that. I would see what your Dr says, and how the allergy info fits, but I would not worry.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
    caughtinfear (05-01-2013)
    Old 05-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
    caughtinfear
    (male)

caughtinfear HB User

Thank you so much for your prompt response.. yes, i do have a problem of allergy but it was not there during the days i took the test.. do you recommend going for a hiv or hep b/ hep c test ? lately, I am also having a bit of itching problem near the penis.. i dont know what to make of it.. also, the unprotected intercourse happened more than 3 months back.. thanks again !

Old 05-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

You only need to do those tests if you are anxious about it, and need the reassurance. The itching could be just a yeast infection (jock itch). Look to see if you have a rash at all where it itches. If you do, I would pick up an antifungal spray powder (OTC)if in hairy area, or a cream if just on skin and use twice a day until rash and itching completely gone (up to 2 weeks). Also check to make sure you don't have "crabs", little tiny lice in pubic area that cause itching. They will cling to the base of the hair, and cause tiny red spots on underwear from bites. That can be treated with a special lotion which may be RX, depending on your location. You can ask pharmacist about both if you need help.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
    caughtinfear (05-02-2013)
    Reply Reply

Tags
    hepatitis b, hepatitis c, hiv fear, std?