It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

gnawing burning pain under right rib cage

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
bluerosejaci
(female)

bluerosejaci HB User
gnawing burning pain under right rib cage

I was recently told that my liver enzymes were high, I had an ultrasound of my abdomen and found out that I have a fatty liver. I haven't had a follow up appointment with my doctor to discuss the results yet. I've been having gnawing, burning pains and tenderness under my right rib cage and sometimes I'll get a sharp stabbing pain there as well that leaves me feeling sore and a little nauseous. My gallbladder was removed years ago. I'm wondering if I should be concerned and discuss these symptoms with the doctor. I'm also around 60-70 lbs overweight and my blood work also showed that my blood sugar was high but I'm not diabetic. I have very little energy and I'm tire all the time as well. My aunt also passed away recently after receiving a liver transplant due to a hereditary liver condition, unsure of what it was, though. If anyone has any information that would help with my concerns, it would really be appreciated, thanks!

Additional Information: I'm female, 41 yrs old, 5 ft tall and weigh around 180 lbs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
fatty liver disease, gnawing pain, liver enzymes, right rib cage pain, tenderness