It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Confused... Lupus? Adrenals? Digestive? Nervous system? Homeopathic versus rheumy?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
jahiten
(female)

jahiten HB User
Confused... Lupus? Adrenals? Digestive? Nervous system? Homeopathic versus rheumy?

I've been experiencing hair loss/diffused thinning for 5 yrs now. Recently I had blood work taken and everything was negative but my ANA at 1:80 weakly positive. I had been having symptoms of lupus. Extreme cold hands/feet. Extreme exhaustion, shooting pains, muscle spasms, legs/arms going number when awake or asleep, and much more.. After finding out about my ANA I went to an iridologist bc I'm uninsured. She saw issues with my adrenals, digestive and nervous systems. I'm now on a concoction of herbs and I've been feeling better but still have lots of hair loss. I quit caffeine at the same time which I was addicted to, that and other pre workout stimulants. The adrenal pills are helping tons with my energy levels. I feel like a new person. Not needing to pass out sporadically throughout the day. I am still experiencing muscle spasms and shooting pains on and off.. I really want to use the rife machine on me since much of this can be toxins and other components in my body. I really want to be able to kick this through food and natural supplements before going to get the grand diagnosis from the rheumy that will forever scar my insurance policies... If anyone can relate to this post and has any insight for me I would be forever thankful. I'm just at a loss for what direction to go.. I'm not feeling any internal pains that are alarming me or I would press on with the rheumy sooner. Has anyone out there put there lupus in remission?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Confused... Lupus? Adrenals? Digestive? Nervous system? Homeopathic versus rheumy

Welcome to the boards. There are a number of good people here with lupus who can likely help you. My advice would be to try your best to get some insure before you are diagnosed. You could get an individual policy or a group policy, but if you get diagnosed and then try to get insurance, it will be more difficult and more expensive. Treatment and testing for lupus is expensive and you will need insurance for that if you have it. I really don't think there are natural ways to treat lupus other than the usual healthy lifestyle advice that applies to everyone. Some special concerns in lupus are prevalence in some to develop blood clots, cardiovascular disease, high BP, so avoiding dehydration, smoke, high fat diet, keeping weight down are important. Over the counter anti inflammatories can be taken, like Naproxen, for the joint aches and pains, but they are hard on the kidneys, so it is important to know how your kidney function is. Moderation of activities so you don't get exhausted is helpful, and sun exposure avoidance helps prevent rashes and flares of symptoms. Hair loss can be treated with Vit B complex and iron can keep up your blood count if you tend toward anemia. Avoid exposure to infections, because although lupus causes your immune system to be overactive, it is inappropriately so, and lupus patients get infections more easily. So there are certainly things that can be done to help you stay healthy, but most people have to take some medications to keep the immune system suppressed. It is not a given that you have this disease. Diagnosis requires certain symptoms in conjunction with supportive lab data. You can use the sticky notes on the lupus board for more info on that. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Reply Reply

Tags
adrenal fatigue, ana 1:80, digestive disorder, homeopathic, lupus