It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Left flank pain, swelling in feet, fatigue

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
    HalloweenQueen
    (female)

HalloweenQueen HB User
    Question Left flank pain, swelling in feet, fatigue

Hi,
    My first post so I apologize if there is a more fitting category.
    I have been having pain in my left flank. Not an unbearable pain, just there daily. However, I have has pain so bad in the past that I have become breathless, doubled over and cried.
    I have been exhausted, especially today. Walking up the stairs today, I just wanted to stop and lay down. I felt like I was dragging. Like I could just fall asleep.
    When I got home, I took of my shoes and my feet are super swollen. It even looks like my ankles are overlapping my feet and I have never had this. Like if I flex (not point) my feet, there are skin wrinkles at my foot/ankle junction. They are quite obviously swollen, though my left ankle/foot is much worse. Although I did not notice, I was also told that my face and hands looked a bit swollen.
    Since, I have a little bit of that "falling asleep" feeling in my left foot. No pain in the foot and only a little of that "sleeping" feeling.
    Also, not sure if this is related, but often when I sleep my hands get that "sleeping" feeling as well, sometimes to the point that they are nearly numb. I sometimes also get a stinging feeling at my left elbow area.
    My mom suffers from kidney disease. She has experienced swelling in her knees area and feet due to her kidney issues so I am afraid that this may be kidney related.
    There is a little pocket of swelling to the immediate right of my patella area in the left leg, but compared to my feet, especially the left foot, this swelling is nothing.
    I have never had swelling like this before and even took some Benadryl thinking it was allergy related. No avail.
    I have also been super itchy.
    34 years old, non-smoker, barely drink.
    Exhausted and swollen with left flank pain.
    Anyone?

thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Left flank pain, swelling in feet, fatigue

You seriously need to see your Dr., as the kidneys could certainly be involved and this could be serious. Dr. will want to do urine and blood tests and get a thorough history and exam. Do you know why your Mom has kidney disease? Some things are hereditary and would be a clue as to what might be going on with you.

Reply Reply

Tags
    fatigued, flank pain, itchy, kidney disease, swelling foot