It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Zomorph! the horror of my life!!!!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-26-2013, 05:57 AM   #1
    Sob Buddy
    (female)

Sob Buddy HB User
    Angry Zomorph! the horror of my life!!!!

After only 3 weeks of being prescribed Zomorph I am a sobbing mess and have encountered some normally - every day cope-able problems but cannot deal with anything right now. Does everyone get this madness- I would say neurosis/ psychotic behaviour on this drug? I will be on it for at least 4 months and dont know that I can cope with that but due to sensitivity to meds it is my only option. Wow its the drug of hell. Anyone with advice / opinion/comments on how they coped with it please reply. ps - normally I am a confident, happy, self employed , sporty person with no problems domestic or otherwise.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-26-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
    Re: Zomorph! the horror of my life!!!!

Hi There

So sorry you are having such a miserable time there with the med.

I caught your post and just had to commiserate with you and the reaction you are having. Here the med is called morphine. I have experienced the side effects of it twice.

I was administered this drug by way of a morphine drip after a complicated surgery. After 10 days, I was a sobbing, frightened mess. A nurse actually came in and held my hand for over an hour on night until I could calm down. I was thrilled to step down to a lesser drug.

A few years later, I was moved to morphine to try and control severe chronic pain. I had been using Oxycodone and it just wasn't cutting it, so the doctor prescribed morphine. I was working in a school system at the time and had shared with the nurse's office and one co-worker about the switch. ( I always did this in case I ever had a problem with a med, I wanted someone to know what I was on.) About 2 weeks after starting it, my coworker called me aside to talk to me. She told me (and I am so thankful she did), that both she and the two nurses had noticed a big change in me. I had gone from my happy, laughing self to being grouchy and nasty and they were concerned. I went back to my doctor and shared with him. He just looked at me kind of funny, not really quite accepting, I felt, what the Morphine was doing to me.

However, I decided right then and there to go back to the Oxycodone. I would rather deal with a degree of pain than deal with having these negative changes in me.

I know that you wrote it is your only option. I am sorry I have no coping skills to offer you as I was able to turn to an alternative. I just want you to know that I understand completely and am sorry you are going through this.

Hugs
    reach

The Following User Says Thank You to reachout For This Useful Post:
    Sob Buddy (08-26-2013)
    Old 08-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
    Sob Buddy
    (female)

Sob Buddy HB User
    Re: Zomorph! the horror of my life!!!!

Sounds like this is the new me for a while then! Thankyou so much for this post as i had been prescribed Zomorph as a temporary 2 week treatment prior to a delayed procedure. Now its like living as a real life vampire- keep away from the light! keep away from anyone you dont want to attack! Coping with the forthcoming hip replacement is bad enough but right now sob sob sob is the most sense i can make! I too thought working would help but have to schedule drug and work time and hope to be strong enough. The kind of weakness and lack of motivation it leaves are just beyond me. Thanks again to you- sorry you had to go through the same!
    Has Zomorph helped anybody out there as it doesnt do too much for the pain either- without increasing the dosage ho ho no way! x

Reply Reply

Tags
    morphine, replacement surgery