It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• My H pylori story! Help?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
    debica407
    (female)

debica407 HB User
    My H pylori story! Help?

Sorry ahead of time.. for the long story. So I'm 18 a female I only weigh about 79 lbs. And why is that? Well I just graduated high school this year and the question I've been asked majority of the time is why am I so skinny?? Is it that I don't eat which def wasn't the case because I eat like 20 timss a day. But since freshman year I've been in and out of the hospital at just random times because of severe heartburn and feeling very sick because of the lack of vitamins I guess? Always had low potassium and iron and i couldn't keep food down at tht point. After a few years of dealing with that and trips to the doctors telling me and my parents that.. "its nothing serious, its heartburn and because she's so skinny. "She needs to eat more.".. I decided to be my own doctor which has def. Helped and after researching my symptoms on google which were.. shortness of breath(a lot especially after eating), heartburn, really bad chest pains, joint pains and cramps and there's a few more that I can't remember but after scrolling through I saw tapeworm.. and idk why but I stuck with that one I had like a gut feeling so I went with it. . And I looked up how to get rid of it and castor oil was one of the main things that came up and I am guyanese so wehave that at any caribbean store and my grandma told me that guyanese people usually use different types of natural remedies in guyana to cure almost anything. But anyway I took a teaspoon of castor oil and mixed it in a cup of my tea and drank it and it cleansed my inside.. I only went to the bathroom once and the next day when I got up NO CHEST PAINS. The ones that I've had for those 2 years just gone. I was sooo happy. But I still don't know if it was tapeworms or what. But anyway everything was fine aftee that except I still had heartburn but it wasn't as bad. But then like one day I just felt like really bad heartburn randomly so I went to the er and all the madness was back again. All the symptoms except I didn't have severe chest pains. So I just dealt with It for a while.

So now for the h pylori part.. I graduated this year on june 1st. And right after graduation my parents took me out to eat and I had pasta.. wasn't really a smart move but Its a once ina while thing. And I felt really sick after. Like short of breath for 4-5 days nonstop it was so bad. And of course I went to the docs and I never really like doctors.. but this one lady she seemed really interested in me and explained everything well. At first she was like oh yu just need to eat -_- lol but then after taking all of their tests she found out that my level of h pylori was really high it was a 5. Something but the weird part was that she said Its not active in me right now. But that I've had it at some point and that just really confused me because why would I be having all these symptoms? So I had an upper endoscopy done just to be sure that it was h pylori and nothing really serious. So after having that done It was just h pylori and gastritis that I probably got from hp. So i waited 2 weeks and they called and the 3 antibiotics were finally ready(which was just about a month or 2 ago). They gave me omeprazole 20mg clarithromycin 500 mg and metronidazole 500 mg becauss i am allergic to penicillin. And after seeing the doses.. i freaked out lol. I'm pretty small wouldnt it be too much for my body to handle?? So i researched all about it and what came up as peoples worst enemy was the clarithromycin or biaxin which was the biggest pill. And I'd say about 90% of the reviews were terrible and rated it 1 star out of 5. That kinda scared me becausei know there's no easy way to getting rid of HP its a tough bacteria. But if the people taking it were at a healthy weight or atleast healthier than I am and they could barely handle it.. how the hell would I be able too? I'm way to weak it would drain my body. So i kept putting it offf.. i was like yu know what ill take it tomorrow but then when that day came id look at the pill and put it back in the bottle -_- and after 2 weeks of not taking even one pill my mom decided to chck if i was done with the 2 week long treatment. But she got mad when she counted the pills. She was like.." a few side effects wont kill you" I mean diarrhea and vomiting are the least of my problems with taking the pills. I didn't want the other effects like chills' shortness of breath which I already have from time to time and stuff but she didn't understand that.. so now I'm at a point where I'm going to start college in january. I was supposed to start in august but I cancelled becuase I really want to get rid of this disease so I can actually enjoy my college experience unlike high school.. and I really want to gain weight so I can be healthy. I even at one point started to workout and go on a diet where I eat a lot of protein and carbs but nothing helps and I'm really thinking it has to do with this HP thing I'm so desperate for other peoples opinions right now! Im too embarrassed to ask or tell any friends of mine.. i have a feeling that if i take the antibiotics that it will only get worse from there.. so ive been looking up natural remedies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: My H pylori story! Help?

H-Pylori sometimes goes hand in hand with ulcers, and maybe that's why the pasta doesn't sit well with you? did you go back for a breath test after your course of anti-biotics to see if the H-pylori was gone?

Last edited by mod85; 08-28-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
    debica407
    (female)

debica407 HB User

I didn't go yet. And I didn't finish the 2 week treatment.. I took it for a few days and I felt terrible so I stopped taking it.. so now I'm trying to use a different method

Old 08-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I think you will need to do the 3 drug treatment for the course.....to eradicate it completely

Old 08-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
    debica407
    (female)

debica407 HB User

Alright. Ill try it again. Thanks

Reply Reply

Tags
    acid reflux, bacteria, digestion, infection, stomach