It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Have been feeling extremely thirsty lately

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
    Leo255
    (male)

Leo255 HB UserLeo255 HB UserLeo255 HB User
    Have been feeling extremely thirsty lately

I didn't know where to put this, because I don't really know why I have been feeling so thirsty, just that I am and have been. Kind of hard to put a time frame on it, but I think it's been a couple of months, more or less. As far as diabetes, that's an easy answer, but I had blood tests a month ago, and I was normal (had a large range of tests in many areas and was pretty much normal). I also had been checking my sugar manually a month ago just because I wanted to see if I had it.

I notice that if I have a savory meal (i.e. with salt, obviously), I am more thirsty, but I pretty much never eat anything that salty ever, and I also have been eating the same types of food that I've always eaten my entire life, and haven't had this issue.

I already emailed my doctor, and will eventually set up an appointment with her. Appreciate the help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User
    Re: Have been feeling extremely thirsty lately

I would have suggested the "easy" answer...diabetes. Was your test done while fasting?

Now, my question to you is "how do you get your doctor's personal email address?".

I tried emailing my PCP almost 3 years ago (through his office manager). He took several weeks to respond (via USPS). He then chastised me that email was not "secure" and "he is conservative in his approach" with communication=)

Last edited by WhistleDixie; 11-25-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Closed Thread