It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Lots symptoms--one issue or many?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
    sofimac
    (female)

sofimac HB User
    Question Lots symptoms--one issue or many?

I am a 32yo female. My surgeries include one for a collapsed lung (infant), tonsils and adenoids (grade school), c-section (2008), and gallbladder removal (2011).

As a child, I had numerous problems with allergies, routinely had bronchitis sinus infections, and received allergy shots. I currently use Flonase and Zyrtec.

In my early 20s, I began gaining weight, and went from 128 to 257 while pregnant with my daughter. I was put on bedrest for the last several weeks of my pregnancy, and my daughter was born via c-section. While pregnant, I was put on a high daily dose of Labetalol for high blood pressure. Previously, bp had not been an issue.

I recovered quickly from the c-section but, three years later, had my gallbladder removed. I'd been off blood pressure medication, but following the surgery, my bp was diagnosed as high, and I was put on medication again.

I then developed right-side abdominal pain below my ribs, and pain on my lower right side, almost like sharp/stinging menstrual cramping. I had CT and MRI scans, and they found a small clot in my right ovarian vein. I was put on a daily baby aspirin (2011).

When I went for my annual OB/GYN appointment, he discussed the clot, and also mentioned PCOS and endometriosis as possibilities for some of the persisting pain and irregular periods. I continued taking the daily aspirin and blood pressure medication.

The abdominal pain persisted, and I began to have severe heartburn (2012). My doctor ordered an EGD. I was put on omeprazole 2x daily and diagnosed with GERD. They also dialated an esophageal stricture during the procedure.

Since beginning the omeprazole, and maybe even before then, I started having constipation issues. I don't have blood in my stool, and don't always have to strain, but there will often be blood on the tissue when I wipe (sorry for the tmi!).

Last month, my left foot and leg began swelling randomly. My doctor ordered blood work, and ultrasounds of my upper abdomen and both legs. All tests were unremarkable, aside from slightly elevated liver functions.

My doctor suggested venous insufficiency for the swollen foot, but said that he's not quite sure about all of the symptoms. I elevate my feet at night, wear compression socks, and it still swells. The top of my foot is also often painful and it stings.

So... lots of things, and they all seemed to start post c-section and post-gallbladder removal.

Here are the persisting symptoms:

* Pain in upper right side under ribs (no gallbladder/liver okay)
    * Stomach pain, heartburn, and esophageal stricture (omeprazole + dilation)
    * Lower right side pain, ovarian vein clot (baby aspirin)
    * Irregular periods, sharp pain beyond regular cramping
    * Constipation, blood when wiping (fiber supplements + lots of water)
    * Swelling in lower leg/left foot (ct scan, compression socks, elevation)

Any suggestions? Has anyone had similar symptoms and received a solid diagnosis? Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    clot, edema, gallbladder, gerd, pcos