It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Mystery Pains. Someone help please!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #1
    werjar1221
    (female)

werjar1221 HB User
    Mystery Pains. Someone help please!

Someone please help me. I am a twenty six year old female. I am a married and have toddler. I have always been in good health with every check up being excellent. However for the last year, I have been somewhat alarmed. It seems from head to toe, everyday is a new symptom. The mystery is that itís all over, the feelings vary depending on where on the body it is and every doctor and ER Iíve seen hasnít the slightest clue. Cataloging the symptoms (from head to toe):

- Tingling/shooting pain, back/right of my head
    - Tingling/shooting pain, left jaw/face
    - Occasional lightheadedness
    - Fatigue
    - More (or more aware) of eye floaters
    - Left ear pain and popping
    - Left nasolabial crease facial spasms
    - Red, sometimes burning, eyes
    - Lump in throat feeling
    - Shooting pains in throat (the way your cheeks feeling after blowing a balloon)
    - Increased use of inhaler
    - GERD
    - And occasional chest pain
    - Tingling feeling in left elbow/forearm/hand
    - Weak/soft brittle nails
    - Left abdomen discomfort, canít sleep on left
    - ZERO sex drive
    - Muscle soreness/stiffness, especially in hips, but also all over (I stopped working out early this year and I've been moved to a desk job)
    - Sharp pains in down thighs
    - Sunburn feeling without sunburn all over, randomly, back, abdomen and legs (even clothes hurt)
    - ďSciaticĒ pain from lower back to heel of foot
    - Fluttering feeling on bottom left foot
    - Same-side radiating pains, for example, sunburn painful feeling in right calf/foot and burning feeling around eye or sharp facial pain on left side of face and then travels to legs
    - I'm always cold, hands and feet particularly
    - Night-sweats!!!!!!!!!! (I wake up to change clothes)

Please someone, I need input. I know Iím not crazy but everyone keeps sending me home with no answers. This has caused me a great deal of anxiety and depression.Iím on heartburn medication and allergy medicine otherwise Iím at loss. Iím sick of feeling so decrepit at 26. I have a young family and Iím so terrified in my own body, Iím not there for them the way I want to be. Please, any input would help. I just donít want to feel crazy, scared or alone.

The following user gives a hug of support to werjar1221:
    lorisard57 (12-12-2013)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Mystery Pains. Someone help please!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by werjar1221 View Post
    Someone please help me. I am a twenty six year old female. I am a married and have toddler. I have always been in good health with every check up being excellent. However for the last year, I have been somewhat alarmed. It seems from head to toe, everyday is a new symptom. The mystery is that itís all over, the feelings vary depending on where on the body it is and every doctor and ER Iíve seen hasnít the slightest clue. Cataloging the symptoms (from head to toe):

- Tingling/shooting pain, back/right of my head
    - Tingling/shooting pain, left jaw/face
    - Occasional lightheadedness
    - Fatigue
    - More (or more aware) of eye floaters
    - Left ear pain and popping
    - Left nasolabial crease facial spasms
    - Red, sometimes burning, eyes
    - Lump in throat feeling
    - Shooting pains in throat (the way your cheeks feeling after blowing a balloon)
    - Increased use of inhaler
    - GERD
    - And occasional chest pain
    - Tingling feeling in left elbow/forearm/hand
    - Weak/soft brittle nails
    - Left abdomen discomfort, canít sleep on left
    - ZERO sex drive
    - Muscle soreness/stiffness, especially in hips, but also all over (I stopped working out early this year and I've been moved to a desk job)
    - Sharp pains in down thighs
    - Sunburn feeling without sunburn all over, randomly, back, abdomen and legs (even clothes hurt)
    - ďSciaticĒ pain from lower back to heel of foot
    - Fluttering feeling on bottom left foot
    - Same-side radiating pains, for example, sunburn painful feeling in right calf/foot and burning feeling around eye or sharp facial pain on left side of face and then travels to legs
    - I'm always cold, hands and feet particularly
    - Night-sweats!!!!!!!!!! (I wake up to change clothes)

Please someone, I need input. I know Iím not crazy but everyone keeps sending me home with no answers. This has caused me a great deal of anxiety and depression.Iím on heartburn medication and allergy medicine otherwise Iím at loss. Iím sick of feeling so decrepit at 26. I have a young family and Iím so terrified in my own body, Iím not there for them the way I want to be. Please, any input would help. I just donít want to feel crazy, scared or alone.
    When symptoms occur all over involving many systems (musculoskeletal, respiratory, skin, etc) I always suspect an autoimmune disorder. In your case, I would go over all tests that have been done so far, look for any flagged abnormal results, and see if any tests for thyroid disease, lupus, anemia have been done. Even urine tests can yield clues. Autoimmune disease can affect the thyroid, the ovaries, the muscles, joints, lungs, eyes, ears, etc. Many of your symptoms could be explained by Hashimoto's thyroiditis and/or lupus. Both cause severe fatigue. You may also be experiencing an early decline in estrogen production causing the hot flashes and low libidio. Hormone levels can be done by your GYN, but I would start with thyroid hormone levels, anti-thyroid antibodies, ANA, CBC, ferritin, sed rate and CRP. Those may provide some clues for followup. If you get nowhere with those, see a rheumatologist and endocrinologist.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
    werjar1221 (12-04-2013)
    Old 12-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
    JoGee
    (female)

JoGee HB User
    Re: Mystery Pains. Someone help please!

Hi, I have only just joined the board, but I wanted to just say YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I myself, have been where you are, having all these new symptoms, and thinking I was going crazy. I think one of my lowest points was when I fell and I had to yell for my teenage son, because my muscles were simply too weak for me to get up. I was just lying on my back in the garage, hoping he could hear me.

I am still in the testing phase myself, but I would write a list of your symptoms (even if you don't know if they are connected), go back to your GP and get some more blood tests. Say you want to be tested for auto immune disorders, even if they have done it before. You have a right to ask for it, so make sure they listen to you.

Keep in touch, you are not alone.

The following user gives a hug of support to JoGee:
    werjar1221 (12-11-2013)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    doctors, help asap, mystery symptoms, nerve, scared