It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Mom always told me it was lazy-itus. But I don't think so...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #1
flossyjane
(female)

flossyjane HB User
Mom always told me it was lazy-itus. But I don't think so...

As long as I can remember, I have always have had clutter. Whether it was my childhood bedroom, my car, my house, my nightstand and everywhere else I spend any amount of time. I clean them up after I can work up the motivation. My doctor thinks I am depressed and has me on 20mg of lexapro, but I don't think I am. I mean, sure we all have our ups and downs but my motivation (or the lack of motivation) is causing me lots of problems in my life. I have no will power. The only time I get any where on time is to work (most days).
If I am doing things, and something runs across my mind, like something interesting I saw on **. If I think about it to long. I HAVE TO tell someone and I will butt in a conversation to get out. WHEN I do things, I have to do it now now now. and when I do start a big job. I jump into it ready to go, but about half way into it I quit. I know at some point it has to be done. So a week or so later I find myself starting completely over because it has piled back up. and still not finish it.
My husband and I can have a conversation about something important, I try to listen. and it turns into. " wait say that again" or a day later its "you didn't tell me that''. He always smiles and say yes I did. (That happens daily).
When I was in high school my guidance counselor told me that I had one of the highest IQs in my graduating class and she didn't understand why I had some of the lowest grades.
I am sure it is easy to see my thoughts jump around as you read this. I can be thinking about one thing and that first thought has turns into something totally unrelated.
So is it time to face being crazy? Or is there something I can do? I am sick of being this way!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #2
furby1311
(female)

furby1311 HB User
Re: Mom always told me it was lazy-itus. But I don't think so...

i the same way
it natural for me and i tell a lot of people to go to hell when they tell me to grow up

Old 04-16-2014, 05:02 AM   #3
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Have you talked with your doctor? Ask for a referral to a psychologist for an assessment.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:04 AM   #4
esker
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

There's some new research out recently suggesting that being impulsive is connected to procrastination and that both have a genetic basis.

Closed Thread