It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Fainting/concussion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
    Jimmyjam58
    (male)

Jimmyjam58 HB User
    Fainting/concussion

Back in late fall I had a dizzy spell but didn't faint. It went on for at least 5-10 minutes before I was able to go on. I was out walking in the woods basically doing nothing when it happened. In Late May I was out walking again and felt really faint and dizzy and passed out. During both episodes it was only in the 60's/70's and I was not exerting myself.
    After my fainting a month ago I ended up in the ER and everything including ekg, enzyme work etc. was normal. I did hit my head fairly hard to the point I had a bloody nose, a cut over my left eye, and a bruised right cheek. They didn't do a CT scan at the ER.
    Ever since the fainting and falling I have had mild headaches above my eyes, on top of my head and in the back of my head. I also feel spacey. My thinking was that I had a concussion but all of the docs I've seen say no but Im not buying it. I havent had but 5 headaches in my entire 56 years so why now??
    Since then I have had a CT scan (negative), eeg (negative), thorough eye exam (negative), Cardio Stress test and table test (negative) and the latest a visit to the ENT (negative) thinking maybe vertigo or something actually caused the fall and not from fainting.
    I have an appt with an electrophysiologist but not until August 20th and am trying to get into a endochronologist to see if I have any metabolism or low blood sugar problems.
    Any opinions? I just don't think all of the doctors are taking me seriously and not doing enough. I am no doctor but I would think by now someone would have had me monitor my glucose, heart rate, blood pressure or something!!!
    Thanks for anyone who has any thoughts. Jim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    concussion, fainting, syncope