It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Sudden whole body numbness which leads to sudden inability to breathe

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2014, 12:59 AM   #1
HB1220
(male)

HB1220 HB User
Sudden whole body numbness which leads to sudden inability to breathe

I have been having this weird problem since last night, but it did happen in October as well. I am 26, male, I have anxiety/panic disorders, I am depressed and I smoke (not to excess). What I have been experiencing is a little weird and a little hard to articulate, so please bear with me. So what happens is my whole body starts to go numb and then quite suddenly I can't breathe. It's like my body isn't working in a way. It lasts literally two to three seconds but it unleashes a terror in me that I can't control. It feels as if I'm going to suddenly die or something. It happened in October on one random day. It happened out of nowhere again last night. And it's been happening intermittently since then. It doesn't feel like any shortness of breath that I've ever experienced and it doesn't feel like a panic attack. I was completely relaxed last night when it struck. But since it happened, I've been in fear of it happening again, which I think is making it happen again and again. Could it be an allergy? Or could it be something seriously fatal? I will go to the doctor, but I'm just looking for a hint of what it could be. Even right now as I type this I am scared. I might add that I have been having problems with my right upper wisdom tooth for the past 2-3 weeks, which is slowly rotting now. (In the process of making an appointment with the dentist). I'll also add that other than this (unbelievably really) I feel perfectly fine. I can breathe well, no weird pains in other parts of my body, only a weird pressure in my head. I don't feel sick or anything of that sort.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

« hi | Hi New Here »