HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   General Health (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/)
-   -   Swollen lymph nodes on back of head (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/990611-swollen-lymph-nodes-back-head.html)

Searchinghelp 10-06-2014 09:11 AM

Swollen lymph nodes on back of head

Please help me and give me some answers.

I am a healthy 20 year old male.

5 days ago I had discovered that my lymph node on the left side of the back of my head is swollen. It has not increased in size since I discovered it but it does kind of heat up sometimes (if you understand what I meant there). When I applied pressure there was very MINIMAL pain/ache, but now it does not hurt at all, however much pressure I put on it. I do not have any symptoms at all but because I am so STRESSED and ANXIOUS my heart beat and pulse raise up, and I just do not an interest for anything other than this. However, I do feel a kind of sharp pain in my liver/gallbladder area when I apply a bit of pressure (I did drink quite a lot of alcohol on each Friday weekend for the last two/three Fridays). I will go to the doctors next week if it does not decrease on size and/or if I have any new symptoms. Please, I am so stressed with the thought of that it might be a tumour. I know you cannot diagnose me thru the internet but please give me some answers.
I have been recently very stressed before this happened for nearly two months, so could stress cause a swelling in the lymph nodes on the head.

PS. No one in my family has no history of cancer.

Please reply to me and thank you in advance.

sashababe 10-06-2014 09:46 AM

Re: Swollen lymph nodes on back of head

The purpose of lymph nodes is to fight and stop infections spreading. If you have a swollen one it is probably just doing it's job. The fact you haven't any symptoms means it is doing a good job too. Stop stressing about tumours. This lymph node is proving you are a fit and healthy young man with a good immune system.

Searchinghelp 10-06-2014 10:20 AM

Thanks for the reply.
Wouldn't I have had the symptoms for whichever infection it is before the swelling? Also, wouldn't a tumor be on the brain and not on the lymph node?

Searchinghelp 10-06-2014 10:24 AM

Also, it is pulsating and the swelling is warm. Please, I'm sooooo stressed, I do not mean to be annoying

sashababe 10-06-2014 10:34 AM

I'm sure it's nothing to do with your brain. Most likely it's fighting off a throat/ear infection. It's killing off the infection which is why you've got no symptoms.

Searchinghelp 10-07-2014 05:40 AM

Thank you all for the replies, I still feel like I need more answers because I am stressing excessively :'(

I have a few questions:

Can a swollen lymph node on the head indicate a brain tumor? Also, can stress cause a swelling in this lymph node? Please someone give me answers.