It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Frustrated and Scared - Help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
    wanderlust2386
    (female)

wanderlust2386 HB User
    Frustrated and Scared - Help

So back in March of this year I experienced what the doctors told me is a panic attack. Since then I have experienced upper back pain, rib tenderness, sternum pain, chest tightness, burping, and worst of all heart palpitations (like beating so hard it's going to explode) and many other odd symptoms. I've had a full blood panel, cholesterol & thyroid checked. I've had an EKG (3), 2 chest x Rays, and I'm currently wearing a heart monitor. All of these things checked out normal, and the doctor says he is positive it's not my heart, however one of my most bothersome symptoms is heart palpitations, so he set me up on a monitor for a month to absolutely rule out my heart. I've seen him about 10 times since then and all he has done is written me a script for zoloft and a small quantity of xanax for when I start panicking about the chest tightness. He also told me my back pain is muscular and gave me some stretches. He has sent me to therapy, which I go to every two weeks because of my "anxiety". I understand that anxiety can manifest itself a in horrible ways, but I can't help but think something is wrong that I'm not being properly treated for. My main issues right now are that my upper back muscles are SO tight and so is the center of my chest. I feel like I just want someone to punch me and break up this horrible feeling. Also I'm burping all the time and my heart palpitations at night are horrible and scare me, and those cause me the anxiety. I haven't had many panic attacks. Lately I haven't been super stressed. Has anyone any ideas of what could cause these symptoms besides anxiety? Because I feel like that is every doctors answer for everything. I've been at this for 9 months. I'm tired. Im only 27. I want to live my life again. All I can do is wait for the monitor results, but if its normal, then what? I feel like I may have to live with these symptoms forever. I'm starting to get depressed and frustrated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, back pain, burping, chest tightness, heart palpitations