It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Problems with caffeine, alcohol and painkillers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
    centuries95
    (male)

centuries95 HB User
    Problems with caffeine, alcohol and painkillers

Hello,

I'm not sure if you could call this a medical "problem" but I feel like I am more sensitive towards same substances than other people while some things that should affect me don't do that at all.

Caffeine:
    I like coffee but even after only one cup my heart stars racing, I feel dizzy and my hands tremble. I once drank three cups and got so dizzy I had to lie down for a few hours.

Alcohol:
    I don't even like most alcoholic drinks and therefore don't drink alcohol often but even when I want to I can't drink a lot of it. It just makes me feel really weird. I had two glasses of champagne a few months ago and had to throw up because of it.

Pain killers:
    Aspirine doesn't work on me at all, ibuprofen works but it takes at least an hour to work and the effect wears off after maybe two hours.

I know no one else how has these reaction and I'm not sure if it's normal?

Last edited by centuries95; 11-09-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2014, 05:18 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Problems with caffeine, alcohol and painkillers

WEll, yes, it's very normal. I don't do caffeine at all because it raises my heart rate and I have palpitations from it. Many people have this. It's very common. Just drink decaf.

As for the alcohol, since you don't drink regularly you'll have a harder time when you do. And the champagne with it's bubbles can be a problem as well. Did you eat before and while you were drinking? An empty stomach for someone not accustomed to alcohol - and the bubbles - will make for upset.

Pain killers - many people have a high tolerance level for them. Also not unusual. Aspirin does nothing for me but give me indigestion. Ibuprofen I throw up. So I take tylenol or aleve. They work best for me. Everyone is different. Find whatever works for you and go from there.

Closed Thread