It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Genetic Disorders Message Board

• Gilberts Syndrome ?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #1
    richengineer
    (male)

richengineer HB User
    Smile Gilberts Syndrome ?

Hi i am a 26year old man.

i was physcially fit for years with no health problems till 23
    i had 3 years of being lazy after my son was born so put on 3 stone with no daily exercise but still no health problems.

i dieted and harshly exercised for 4-5months losing 3 stone and getting back to healthy eating and being fit.

one day i did two weight lifting sessions two days in a row wed and thur heavier than usual as it was last before xmas.
    on the friday i had a belly ache felt like hunger so i had a mcdonalds first fatty meal in weeks. I also had a dental abscess and felt stressed with work.

the friday night i took a ibuprofen without eating stupidly to help the abscess i also had shivvering.

that night 2am i was rushed to hospital with severe stomach/chest pain. i was discharged with gastritus just on omeprazole (ant-acid)

i felt ok for few weeks then felt sick/nauseus all the time.

lots of tests etc later they came back saying i had gilberts syndrome end of....

what caused the serious pain which sent me to hospital?? how can i be fine my whole life and now have this gilberts syndrome which makes me yellow and have stomach upsets (painfull or sick).

i have had two teeth out including a wisdom tooth only thing to add and im off omeprazole..

does gilberts syndrome sound right???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2014, 01:00 AM   #2
    kanded
    (female)

kanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB User
    Re: Gilberts Syndrome ?

Gilberts syndrome is usually a benign condition, it doesn't crop up unless you put a strain on your liver. (By fasting, dehydration, or an illness, for example.) It is a genetic condition, so you would have had it since birth, but may have never realized you had it. It is difficult to diagnose since the only symptom is yellowing of the eyes on occasion. Some people just say they have a general feeling of being unwell or have memory loss. Doctors say you don't need to worry about it for most of your life, and that it is harmless. So there is no treatment, you just should avoid aggravating your liver. Possibly try to avoid fatty foods such as meats and greasy foods or alcohol. And also its important not to go for long periods without eating anything at all.

Reply Reply