It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board

• My mom committed suicide

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
    Jestuck
    (female)

Jestuck HB User
    Unhappy My mom committed suicide

My mom chose to take her own life 2 weeks ago. Not only is this pain inside almost unbearable most of the time I am also not able to sleep. I've had one full night of sleep in 2 weeks and a couple hours here and there. I've been to a doctor and was given ambien but even when he tried upping my dose it still isn't working. I don't know what to do. I loved my mom because she was my mom and i miss her beyond belief but my entire life she had been a manic depressive opiate pill addict. I know I need to sleep but I'm having a hard time even wanting to swallow any kind of pill or call and tell them it's not working. I don't want to get addicted to anything but I need sleep.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Jestuck
    KibblesnBits (08-20-2013),sahmx2 (08-20-2013)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
    sahmx2
    Inactive
    (female)

sahmx2 HB User
    Re: My mom committed suicide

My father had an heroin addition... and although we're not entirely sure what took him from this world, everyone is pushing towards an overdose... even though I personally think there was some foul play, it doesn't make his loss any easier...
    I've been having a hard time too with taking any medication... the first day, my mother gave me something to sleep, and I have 2 children, so I knew I had to do something or they might suffer from a result of my grief... I went to m doctor and he prescirbed me Xanax, which I only learned recently is another powerful addictive drug, so it makes me feel guilty and just plain terrible when I even think of taking one... but you need to sleep, and remember, you're not looking to have fun with these prescriptions, you're using them the way you're suppose to, so don't feel guilty dear if you need to take one here or there... because whatever the reason was for your mother to do what she did, it is not your fault. I know those words might provide little comfort and many probably have told you it already, but it is the truth and I pray you find some peace in all this...

Big hugs to you!

The Following User Says Thank You to sahmx2 For This Useful Post:
    Jestuck (08-21-2013)
    Old 08-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
    rosier
    Veteran
    (female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

Jestuck, you need to go to grieve counseling to talk to someone about how you are feeling and dealing with this. You need help to be able to sleep and relax and deal with all of this. It is never easy when death comes in suicide. I have cousins who still live their loss of a brother from suicide. The pain will always be there. But getting help to go on is a great idea. Please consider getting help to deal with the loss and pain. You hang in there. Hugs for today.

Rosier
    Never give up.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
    karlee10
    (female)

karlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB Userkarlee10 HB User

Hi. I'm very sorry for what you're going through. Years ago my 4 week old baby son died of SIDS and even though these are 2 very different things, we both can relate to being overwhelmed and devestated I bet. I wish I'd gotten help from a professional sooner, but, right away I turned to alcohol to "numb" my pain. I couldn't handle this on my own and there's absolutely no shame in asking for help at all! Please see a Dr. about this, even if you later regret it and don't follow through. Just give it a chance. Listen to the Dr. Do as he or she recommends and give yourself a chance to get decent sleep so you can begin to heal. Without proper sleep, you can't even think straight. I'm proud of you for reaching out! Good for you

Closed Thread

Tags
    grief, loss, sleep, suicide