It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board

• My FiancÚ very angry with me after losing brother

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
    Xoxsagmpxox
    (female)

Xoxsagmpxox HB User
    Unhappy My FiancÚ very angry with me after losing brother

I recently got engaged in the beginning of January to Dave. We've always had a rocky relationship. Well Dave lost his younger brother to a drug overdose in late January, so very recently. I traveled to pick him up and take him to his family for the funeral and stay with him for as long as he needs me.

The first week was fine, I helped everyone with the funeral, and he acted sad, cried, angry at God, everything normal with a person that loss someone close to them. But now after that first week he has been yelling and screaming at me, to the point where I'm crying. I understand he is angry at the world. I ask him if he can stop yelling at me, to stop being angry with me, how I feel like his personal emotional punching bag. He says I'm selfish because I can't understand, since I'm putting my feelings above his own. He thinks he should be allowed to yell at me. I ask are my feeling unimportant and he says they are are important but I should be concerned about him and how he feels, that I should be there supporting him, that he needs me. I understand all that, but he is angry at me for everything, I mean everything, from asking for a piece of his cucumber to saying I don't want anything for breakfast. He just screams and yells. He says I'm taking it personal, but how can I not, when he is directing his anger to ONLY me, calling me names, and criticizing my demeanor? He says he is getting bitter and resentful towards me. I feel like he is so hateful towards me and only me, I don't understand it.

We have a rough history together, he is a recovering alcoholic, and I left him once when he was doing drugs and alcohol and wouldn't get back with him unless he changed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    anger, angry, death, grief, loss