It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board

• Breaking Down

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #1
    Romanwarrior
    (male)

Romanwarrior HB User
    Breaking Down

Hey,

So, in the past year i have had a lot happen. I thought i was over most of it but in the past weeks i have found out that it all is still buried deep inside. I have lost to pet that where close to me, my great grandma past away, and to top it off I "lost" my wife (divorce).

I consider myself a strong person and i am usually able to deal with a lot of stress and other emotions and not waver. I have had trouble with sleeping, concentration, and whenever anyone is around i cant express my pain at all. I don't know what to do next or how to move on. I feel tired and beaten down. I don't know how much more I can handle and i am hoping someone out there can help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: Breaking Down

I'm so sorry to hear about all the sadness you have been faced with. One of those things would be enough to cause despair and pain, and you have three things hitting you all at once. Have you thought about going to a local grief support group? By all means keep posting here, this is a good place for support, but you might benefit by a group environment also.
    Can you put together a photo album of your pet, and maybe frame some of your favorite pictures? That helped me when I lost my beloved pet. He was never far from view. I have his pictures in almost every room.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Breaking Down

Hi one of the things that many people dont think about are triggers. For instance, the first year of losing anyone- we have to deal with the first holiday without them, the first birthday (of theirs) without them, even the first anniversary of their death. When you lose 3 different people (and pets) you are actually dealing with a series of triggers. Not to mention finding Fidos favorite toy under a bed is enough to start the grieving process all over.
    A year is not allot of time to give yourself to get through the newness of each individual pain. And, it IS painful! Even a bad marriage which ends in divorce is still painful, and a loss.
    I do think finding a support group, or a grief counselor, is your best bet towards finding better ways to cope. It takes an awful lot to admit you are having a problem. Congratulations because you already did that step!
    Being around others who have gone though what you have is actually quite a good feeling. You think it wont be- but when you find yourself sourrounded by people who "get it", you start to relax and understand that this is grieving- and grieving is a normal part of the process.
    Please seek out your local hospital and look for groups which they have. They arent widely advertised, as this is a private thing- but if you go into the hospital and inquire at the desk, they will give you a list of what is available. Churches too, have support groups sometimes. As do colleges. Take a look around and think about where you are most comfortable. Believe walking through the door is the hardest thing to wrap your head around, but the best thing you can do for yourself!
    Best to you.
    MSNik

Closed Thread

Tags
    grief, loss, pain