It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board

• Regrowing my hair with Propecia

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #1
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User
    Regrowing my hair with Propecia

I have been taking this drug every night for about five months, with the exception of one night in October when I forgot to take it. I'm not sure if I am seeing any results yet, but I expect I will by the time nine full months have gone by. And if not, I will keep taking it anyway, because it might take a longer amount of time to work for me. There was a study done in which sixty-six percent of men taking Propecia experienced hair regrowth at the vertex (top of the head). I have also seen before and after pics of men who took Propecia and had hair regrowth in the front area of the scalp. I'm probably going to take this drug for the rest of my life because it also prevents hair loss in men.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User
    Re: Regrowing my hair with Propecia

*UPDATE*

I have been getting positive comments about hair thickening / regrowth in the upper back region of my scalp. I looked at the area recently and saw for myself. Now I am just waiting to see real progress in the front area of my scalp above my forehead. I anticipate it will not show until I have been taking the Propecia for at least nine full months. I have been taking it for a little more than five months, so far...

Old 11-24-2019, 04:32 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

It takes years for any real hair to grow back. Are you seeing the little fine "baby" hairs growing?

Have you considered using topical propecia? The type you rub on your head nightly? It seems to have better results. My husband uses it too- he has small hairs growing back where there were none, but he uses it topically.

Old 11-24-2019, 09:59 AM   #4
    aveas
    (male)

aveas HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    It takes years for any real hair to grow back. Are you seeing the little fine "baby" hairs growing?
    I think I have been seeing two fine little hairs on the front of my scalp. The study I mentioned was actually a two-year study; so, like you said, it will probably take at least two years for me to see real results there.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    Have you considered using topical propecia? The type you rub on your head nightly? It seems to have better results. My husband uses it too- he has small hairs growing back where there were none, but he uses it topically.
    I have been taking one Propecia pill each night; I think the pill form will work better for me. Thanks for your input.

Reply Reply

« Natural Hair Loss? | - »