It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board

• Hair Falling out in Chunks....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2004, 12:10 PM   #1
    kewlgirl
    (female)

kewlgirl HB User
    Hair Falling out in Chunks....

My best friend is at her wits end. She's been to four doctors and none of them have any answers. Her hair is literally falling out in chunks.

You look at her head and there are big bald spots all over her head. It's literally scary!

She's consulting a medical expert at the U of MN for advice.

She's not under any stress and is really at a loss as to what's causing it.

For reference she's only 26 and horrified that she may soon be forced to buy a wig.

Are there hair diseases or syndromes that can cause this that she should look into?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2004, 02:39 PM   #2
    MsMeaganMay
    Inactive

MsMeaganMay HB User
    Re: Hair Falling out in Chunks....

Is she loosing any hair in other places besides her head? I know that there are cases of people becoming "allergic" to their hair, and it falling out very rapidly and in big sections. How is her diet? She needs to make sure she is getting everything she needs in it, especially B vitamins, protein, and good fats. I would suggest maintaining a diet targeted at good hair and skin (you can find examples online, or I can post some if you would like) In the meantime, caraway oil has been said to be good for balding. If she will, tell her to try rubbing the oil on the spots she is loosing hair. Scalp massages, as well as aloe vera, coconut milk, coconut oil, and almond oil are all good for promoting healthy hair and hair growth. If you would like more information on massage techniques or treatments for the hair, let me know and I can post them.

Good Luck and take care.

P.S. If she wants to look up more information on it, tell her to look up alopecia (hair loss) and its causes. Sometimes particular symptoms are related to certain deficiences. Such as if she is experiencing pain/tenderness when her scalp is touched, it could be a selenium deficiency. There is alot of information out there, let me know if you need help finding any

Last edited by MsMeaganMay; 02-23-2004 at 02:41 PM.

Closed Thread