It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board

• Am I losing hair?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2004, 01:56 AM   #1
    WayneX

WayneX HB User
    Exclamation Am I losing hair?

Well Im a 17 yr old male, recently I started growing my hair out... its down passed my ears, and well Ive been finding my hair all over the place! Chairs ive sit in ill find my hair on the head rest, my bed pillow, shower soap, in my bathroom sink, and also on my clothes..... Could I possibly be losing hair? Or am I just now noticing my hair all over the place because its long now?

I use Pantene Pro-V Clean Shampoo... no conditioner I dont put anything else my hair but that. Reply if ya could help me out with the issue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2004, 07:53 AM   #2
    WayneX

WayneX HB User
    Re: Am I losing hair?

noone can help me out?

Old 05-06-2004, 02:50 PM   #3
    Hitmen
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hitmen HB User

I really can't tell you. I think in your case, it's possible that since your hair is longer you are noticing it more since it is easier to notice. Hair is lost throughout the day and when its short you dont even notice it sometimes. Now that it's longer, its much easier to see. Again, only you will be able to distinguish this for yourself.

Old 06-01-2004, 07:54 PM   #4
    either/or

either/or HB User

I'm not sure if this will be a great deal of help, but here is my story. When I was seventeen, I had long hair, and I noticed a great deal of hair in the shower drain and in my brush, etc. I didn't think anything of it.

I'm 24 now, and have lost a significant amount of hair. My hair loss wasn't noticeable until I was about 19. I also had a hard time believing that I was experiencing male patern baldness because both of my grandfathers and my father had full heads of hair. I saw a doctor when I was about 20, and he prescribed propecia. I used it for a few months, but eventually couldn't afford it. I was in college, and it had to take a back seat to the financial drains of school.

Now that I have a steady income, I've decided to attack it again. About two months ago I started on Rogaine. My hair stopped falling out a few weeks ago, and I'm hoping for some regrowth in the next few months.

Here is my suggestion: if you have a history of hair loss in your family, I would start accepting it and check out options to stop it before it becomes noticable. Secondly, it wouldn't hurt to see a doctor. If your hairloss (if that is indeed what you are experiencing) is a result of a medical problem, he/she can help you with that. Finally, it is entirely possible that you are just noticing it because your hair is longer. I live with my sister, who has a full head of long hair. We share a shower, and our drain is consistently full of her hair (I know it isn't mine, because of the lenth, and like I said, mine stopped falling out recently).

Hope this is of some help. If it is male pattern baldness, I would suggest tackling it now. My hair loss has had a big impact on confidence & self esteem.

Closed Thread