It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board

• hair loss - question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2004, 01:33 AM   #1
    fabulous

fabulous HB User
    hair loss - question

hello everyone, another hot day!
    just a quick question regarding hereditary hair loss in men..

it was my understanding that genetic male hair loss was a gradual process, that each hair, upon falling out, would be replaced by a slightly thinner one, thinning and thinning until finally nothing at all. As a result, surely one should not notice an increase in actual daily hair loss?

Even though I'm only 20, I have noticed a progressively receding hairline, however, I am experiencing what seems to be apparently heavy loss of thick, good hair... in the morning on pillow, in the shower washing my hair, after the shower styling my hair etc etc.. it comes and it comes! it's very depressing and so I figured I just wouldn't LOOK in the shower, but then I go to get something off the table and lo and behold hair everywhere!

does male pattern hair loss involve an actual increase in the RATE of daily hair loss or should I be investigating other causes?

many thanks
    (stay) fabulous.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread