It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board

• Hair loss stopped, but still thin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-30-2004, 05:21 PM   #1
    howhorrible
    (male)

howhorrible HB User
    Accutane: HAIR LOSS

I'm 17 and I was on accutane for only 4 months on 40mg. This is much less than MOST people, but my hair started falling out about 2 months after I got off accutane. About a month after it started falling out, it stopped falling out. It's been 4.5 months now and my hair hasen't fallen out in a while, but my hair is still left quite thin on the top. It falls flat and there are holes and I hate it. My scalp is also semi dry and flaky exactly where I lost my hair. Is this because of the lack of sebum or something? It's been 4.5 months and I don't even see new hair coming in. When I get haircuts, my hair grows back very fast, but it dosen't grow in any thicker. It's like my hair grows normal, but it;s thin. Will new hair ever grow? Thanks guys

Last edited by howhorrible; 12-01-2004 at 05:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2004, 02:12 PM   #2
    howhorrible
    (male)

howhorrible HB User
    Re: Hair loss stopped, but still thin

Any help would really be nice.

Old 12-02-2004, 12:03 AM   #3
    mmassi
    (male)

mmassi HB User

well i had the same thing happen to me, i was on the same dosage for the same amount of time before i had to stop because of the hair loss. the good thing is you said it stopped a month after, mine kept falling out for about 8 more months, so that is a good sign that it has stopped. you said there's holes? so it came out in patches instead of equally all over? it's about a year later right now and the lost hair still hasn't been replaced yet, or if it has it's not a noticable amount in comparison to how much i lost. but since the hair loss stopped pretty quickly for you, it might come back.

Last edited by mmassi; 12-02-2004 at 12:07 AM.

Old 12-02-2004, 01:25 AM   #4
    Takara
    Inactive

Takara HB User

Have you thought about taking Biotin supplements? I have read that b5 can decrease the amount of biotin in the body and cause hair loss.

Old 12-03-2004, 01:44 PM   #5
    howhorrible
    (male)

howhorrible HB User

Well, besides products, should it return to normal ever? It's not really thin hair, it's just on top, there are holes and on the sides, there are patches with hardly ANY hair. I'm so worried! its been 4.5 months! I can't find ANY good help.

Closed Thread