It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board

• Hair Loss!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-03-2005, 05:08 PM   #1
    cajunmommy

cajunmommy HB User
    Angry Hair Loss!!

I am 29 female and lately I have noticed an excessive amount of hair in my brush and in the drain after washing it. Does anyone have any ideas why? Is there a vitamin I am lacking or is there something I can do to stop this??

Thanks for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 05:54 PM   #2
    Jenteal
    Inactive
    (female)

Jenteal HB User
    Re: Hair Loss!!

If your body is low in vitamins then yes ahir loss can and does occur. Hair loss occurs when the diet is inadequate in the B vitamins - especially B6, biotin, inositol and folic acid; and the minerals magnesium, sulfur and zinc. The B vitamins, especially B5 (pantothenic acid and B3 (niacin), are especially important for hair growth.
    Taking large doses of vitamin A (100,000 IU or more daily) for a long period of time, on the other hand, can trigger hair loss, but stopping the vitamin A will reverse the problem. As in case of deficiencies, often the hair grows back when the cause is corrected. Essential fatty acids (flaxseed oil, primrose oil, and salmon oil are good sources) improves hair texture. Prevents dry, brittle hair. Raw thymus glandular stimulates immune function and improves functioning capacity of glands.
    L-Cysteine and L-methionine are two amino acids belived to improve quality, texture, and growth of hair. They help prevent hair from falling out. Coenzyme Q10 - Improves scalp circulation. Increases tissue oxygenation. It is also very important for heart health.
    Have you ruled out alopecia. Most people see signs of alopecia in their younger years but many do not see signs till later in life.

I did some reading and medications can cause the loss of hair also. Acne treatments, anti-depressants, birth control pills, chemotherapy and various drugs such as those for lowering cholesterol, high blood pressure, treating ulcers, arthritis and blood thinners. Heath situations such as various kinds of health and medical conditions such as hyperthyroidism and lupus can cause hair loss. Some women experience sudden hair loss at the conclusion of pregnancy or two to three months after discontinuing the use of birth control pills.

Stress and trauma too. Extended periods of high stress can cause or contribute to hair loss as stress may increase a constriction of the blood supply to the scalp. Poor diet and nutrition may also contribute to losing one's hair. This may include diets high in animal fat (too much red meat), too much protein, too much fast food or quick weight loss diets and last but not least environmental toxins and pollutants. IE chlorine (swimming pools), metals, minerals and water pollution may also contribute in some way to losing one's hair.

Jenteal

Last edited by Jenteal; 02-03-2005 at 06:02 PM.

Closed Thread