It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board

• 13 and going bald

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-13-2005, 05:01 PM   #1
    13andALONE
    (female)

13andALONE HB User
    Unhappy 13 and going bald

hi,

i am 13 years old 14 in june ..........i cry every night because i am going bald i see beautiful ladies on tv with long radiant hair and cri because i no i will never have that ......i look in the mirror and cry because i see nothing but bald patches . I was wondering if there is ne one else out there that is my age who is going bald. or they dont have to be my age i just nee advice. is there anything that worked for u ? is there anything that i can do ?

Thanx,
    Amber

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2005, 06:11 PM   #2
    13andALONE
    (female)

13andALONE HB User
    Re: 13 and going bald

me again what products do i use to help with this?

Old 04-14-2005, 10:46 AM   #3
    Nella985

Nella985 HB User

Look over the information in the thread that I just bumped up (I am a woman...lost 70% of my hair). I just found this board a few days ago. I don't know anything about this condition except for what I read here and a little bit that I found on a medical website.
    Don't panic, I am 28 and just started losing my hair and I am really depressed about it. I feel terrible for you that you have to go through this at 13! Keep your chin up. There are others out there that can give you great advice and encouragement that have more information that I do.

Good luck - all the best..
    Nella

Old 04-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
    Ivana
    Inactive
    (female)

Ivana HB User

I feel terrible this is happening to you...Us women are so attached to our hair...it's so important to our appearance. I'm wondering though if your parents have taken you to the doctor. Hair is controlled by hormones so I wonder if you have some sort of hormonal imbalance that can be corrected. You can also look up on the net a condition that is called ALOPECIA...it'll give you more info on what may be happening to you. Good luck and hang in there

Old 04-15-2005, 02:51 PM   #5
    13andALONE
    (female)

13andALONE HB User

hey its me again thank you for answering my post..............IVANA: my parents did take me to the docters and i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (sp?) there is a history of that in my family but not the hairless as one of the symptoms. I started going bald in sixth grade and i went to this dermatologist and he just told me that it would go away GUESS WHAT it didnt it, the bald spots, grew and got so much bigger that we switched docters.
    my mom {REMOVED}says that i may also have alopecia aorta (sp?) something like that ............i just dont understand why this has to happen. the docs say its auto immune disease (sp?) but they dont no much about it I say some one should seriously do more research on auto immune diseases. do ne of u no ne thing bout this?

THANK YOU!
    AMBER

p.s. sorry about any spelling mistakes (its been a long day) lol

Last edited by msmod; 04-15-2005 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Please don't reveal anything about yourself or family members that may add undue weight to your opinion. Thanks, ms_mod

Old 04-16-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
    13andALONE
    (female)

13andALONE HB User

hi me again again....lol

yah i have been on thyroid medicine for almost (i think) 2 years but still i seem to be going bald. :-( i really just dont no what to do

Old 04-16-2005, 03:28 PM   #7
    xox_emilyoo_xox
    (female)

xox_emilyoo_xox HB User

hey!
    i had a problem with my hair since i was 16----im now 19 and every year or so my hair starts to fall out in circles.....patches.
    im lucky i guess in that it doesnt often b 2 noticable. thankgod.
    but my confidence is in shreds :-(
    i went to a homeopath and he told me i had alopecia....an iron deficiency.told me it shouldnt happen again but it did.
    i believe this to be due to my often very heavy periods which is a rite bugger.
    so i try to take iron supplements which seem to work. my hair grows back very fine and white......but it changes to my natural black after it has grown bak properly. thankgoodness.
    i hate this condition and im scared that one day my whole hair will fall out and never grow bak.
    this would be the en of the world 4 me. i hope it doesnt happen.

i am really sorry this is happening to you. i know how utterly selfconscious it can make you feel.
    but u just gota b strong and hopefully one day soon it will grow bak.
    i wish with all my heart medical ppl knew more about this...they have no idea how it feels when it happens to u.

take care x

Old 04-17-2005, 12:00 PM   #8
    AdnRo
    (female)

AdnRo HB User

Sounds like you have alopecia areata. If you do a search engine search, you will get info on what causes this, what to do about it, etc.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:33 PM   #9
    13andALONE
    (female)

13andALONE HB User

~~~~HEY~~~~

thank you everyone for help and advise. knowing that i am not the only one out there is very helpful :-) i just wish that someone would do a medical study on auto immune diseases and if your hair will grow back or if it is permenat.

i am goin to the docters tomorrow (monday) i am getting a heavy medal test hopeful something there will help.

i really needed the support and still do and all of u that replied i thank you bunches! ~~~BIG HUGS~~~~

Old 04-18-2005, 12:44 PM   #10
    Drewtn
    (female)

Drewtn HB User

((((((HUGS))))))) So sorry to hear you are going through this! My sister lost hers when she was in high school. She is now 44 and wears a wig that is suctioned to her head. Every once in a while she will get a patch of hair but nothing like normal. She finds it easier to use the wig caps. You can even do gymnastics in that kind of wig without it falling off!!

I wish you the best of luck!!! (((HUGS)))

BTW . . she is happily married with two healthy boys. Life can go on even though it is really hard.

Old 04-19-2005, 04:55 PM   #11
    13andALONE
    (female)

13andALONE HB User

thank you !! but my life will probably never be the sam as for many others .............does any one no of any like support groups that they have found related to hair loss? i could use that and i am sure many others would like that to........if you do spread the word i no many people in need :-) including myself

~~~hugz~~~

Old 04-22-2005, 04:03 PM   #12
    13andALONE
    (female)

13andALONE HB User

~~~hi~~~

when i went to the docters i had my blood drawn for heavy medals and a usual thyroid check. my heavy medal test came back normal and all but my thyroid is being changed AGAIN. is there any possibility that i should be on one dosage during my period and another while i am not? does my period affect how much thyroid is given off?

~~~thanx~~~

Old 04-30-2005, 09:46 AM   #13
    13andALONE
    (female)

13andALONE HB User

i have read so much lately about hair less and am now scared i dont want this to happen none of us do......i am only 13 and have entire life in front of me i am entering highschool this year and am afraid of what will happen if word gets out.

i heard stress is a factor in hairloss but how can u contol it when all u do is worry about someone noticing?

should i tell my friends? if yes how?

when u wear a wig can other people tell?

i have longed for a life where i didnt have problems....it seems that once one problem clears up another one appears. any help, suggestions, advice or anything will make me feel so much better

thanx bunches

Old 05-01-2005, 07:40 PM   #14
    13andALONE
    (female)

13andALONE HB User

can no one help me ?.........i could really use the help and support

Old 05-06-2005, 07:09 PM   #15
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

{removed} If you have been told that it's an auto immune illness or whatever else, {removed}
    It can sometimes be difficult getting the right diagnosis off doctors. You really need to shop around in that case and find a doctor who is interested enough and concerned enough to find a correct diagnosis for you. I'd personally change doctors, no matter how many doctors you have to go through. It might not cure you condition, but knowing exactly what you have and what can or can't be done for you will at least make you feel somewhat better. Not knowing and watching the problem get worse week after week can be very soul destroying. Take care and best of luck ok.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 05-06-2005 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Read posting guide lines. Poster can conduct their own search without how tos and no websites.

Closed Thread