It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board

• Some facts on hair loss

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2006, 01:33 AM   #1
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
    Some facts on hair loss

A lot of people are concerned with hair loss. I found a very informative article in my local paper supplied by a chemist and talks about non-genetic forms of hair loss.

It says that for healthy hair good circulation and nutrition is necessary. blood carries many nutrients and oxygen to the scalp and hair follicles. When the hair follicles don't get the nutrients they need, hair falls out. For some people simple exercise and drinking water is the solution. Iron deficiency is a causative factor for hair loss and poor circulation, this can be corrected by taking an iron supplement. This is not advisable for everybody.

Herbal remedies such as Prickly Ash helps hair growth by improving blood flow to the scalp. This herb is one of the remedies used for men who have had hair transplants, ensuring the staying power of the hair follicle and success of the transplant. Other useful herbs such as Nettles and Alfalfa may be used when the scalp is so acidic that the hair falls out.

Nutritional deficiencies such as copper, vitamin b5, biotin, silica, iron, protien, essential fatty acids amonghts other can also lead to hair loss.

Stress is a major causative facto for hair loss. There are many remedies for stress according to what is necessary for that particular person. Individuals experience and react to stress differently necessitating a unique formulation for them. A naturopath would look at the persons circumstance, mental, emotional and physical constituion to give a suitable remedy. This would be designed to treat hair loss,help hair growth and deal with stress.

Hormonal factors such as hypthyroidism, menopause and too much testosterone can lead to hair thinning. Some people with these conditions can be helped to some level with natural therapies. Whilst one remedy or a supplement is fantastic for one person another may not get the same result.

As with all medical conditions it is best to get professional advice.

Hope the info within the article helps somebody. I wonder if drinking Nettle tea and eating Alfalfa sprouts is of same value as a supplement? I've read someplace that making an infusion with nettles as a final rinse after you have washed your hair is very beneficial for hair loss.

If hair can be lost from having a too acidic scalp, i wonder what test is done to determine scalp acidity?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread